Head standing Angel fish

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I was over taking care of my friend’s aquariums yesterday and brought home on of his large angels. She is head standing an unable to swim normally. I have her quarantined in a 20g and added 3 tsp of epsom salt. I know it’s a swim bladder issue. Just unsure of how to treat.
Also brought home a large black velvet angel that is now blind in one eye. Not sure if bacteria or aggression injury.
4D0C3DE5-DEA4-4F4C-B8CA-1577D618D842.jpeg 14A6CEAE-3258-4636-8573-B124C105C0B3.jpeg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
A week of Kanaplex and she is swimming correctly. Not so much for the black velvet. I will transfer the female to the 40 bowfront and try treatment of Paraguard on the black.
DE1C9F94-64E9-4D08-8DE4-CB29558E637E.jpeg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well done! I've never seen anyone cure a swim bladder issue so successfully.

For sure, Paraguard for the black.

When I went to move her she was bleeding from her gills. Moved them both into the 40 bowfront that just has plants at the moment. Hopefully they start eating as neither is.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
When I went to move her she was bleeding from her gills. Moved them both into the 40 bowfront that just has plants at the moment. Hopefully they start eating as neither is.

Don't know what more you can do for her. Fingers crossed...

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
A fish room with a concrete floors serves two purposes. No spill worries and a quick demise for euthanizing fish that are not going to make it. Unfortunately, the vail tail angel reverted to head down swimming and wasn’t eating.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
A fish room with a concrete floors serves two purposes. No spill worries and a quick demise for euthanizing fish that are not going to make it. Unfortunately, the vail tail angel reverted to head down swimming and wasn’t eating.
I much prefer clove oil.