Have an empty 45gl tank

Andreia

I have an empty 45gl tank that I really want to get started on but need some advice as to what I should put in the tank. I have this tank in my dinning area so I want it to be lively lol any advice ???

sidekicking

you can get never go wrong with african cichlids :D
and theres so many to choose from...and most of them super active

what kind of fish do you like?

A

Anonymous

+1 for Africans. Stick with Malawi Mbuna, they are easy to keep, colorful and very much full of personality!

sandnuka

I second the african tank idea... they are super colorful, you can fit a bunch of them in there, and have the cichlid attitude... very fun!

You could go with like 1 bigger south/central american fish... maybe a green terror, or jack dempsy... but honestly, I love the look of the bright blues, yellow, reds, of the africans.... let us know what you do with it.

Andreia

LOL you guys read my mind..exactly what I was thinking although ive never dealt with them before so im gonna try this idea out and see how it goes.

Thanxs everyone

sandnuka

africans are super hardy... .and easy to keep happy.... PH sould be around 8.2ish... (just add a drop of bakin soda until you bring it up).... water should be hard (epsom salt will bring up GH, KH).... so thats about it!

Take some pictures when you get them! excited to see whatever you decide on!

icer711

if you want to start with larger 4"+ African you should come fishin out of my tank i want to put different fish it now. give you a good deal :)
img_6119.jpg
most of these are still available need to grab some new picts sold a few the other day