Halfmoon Betta

F.Banks

If you go to Aquabid and look for the seller Chard56. Just click on his name and you'll see
his available listings for sale. He is located in Mo. and at least you can avoid transhippers
fees. Also the travel time is cut down.

As for locally I haven't seen any females other than the Veils and Crowntails.

CrashSmAshley

AquaBid is where you're gonna find some of the most wanted mutation colors / tail-types. It's also got some of the best bloodlines. Be warned, though, it can get pricey. I just bought a male/female sibling pair and it was $67.

Kaie

OH SNAP! that black is beautiful.. Ive never seen that before.

Does the seller have any more males? =P

Kaie

i was looking on there the other day and found this

fwbettasct1296884231.jpg

It's magnificent!

I've only been looking at stateside sellers.

CrashSmAshley

I saw him too. Crowntails are one of my faves. Mine are from the states as well but there's nothing wrong with Thailand. That's where the best come from. Mine's parents are from there. It just takes a little longer for them to ship. It's a process but if you're interested in a betta from there I wouldn't mind walking you through it. We have a transhipper right here in WA state!

F.Banks

Your HM black dragon pair is gorgeous. Are you planning on breeding them? I hope so!

I was curious as what a transhipper charges and how long the shipping from Thailand takes.

Thanks!

CrashSmAshley

No, they are siblings so I won't be breeding them. But thanks :) It varies from transhipper but from Thailand to US is usually only $5 and from transhipper to destination is around $40. Plus most bettas are anywhere from $15-$50 so it adds up quick.

Kaie

i really dont get the job of a 'transshipper'

oh wow!

2543796900103750357S200x200Q85.jpg

Also.. what is the hype with the sibling female? Almost all of these non-stateside ones says the sibling female is available.

CrashSmAshley

Well siblings are sold together cause they can be bred to get a desired trait. Like my pair; most, if not all, will have the same traits. Basically if 2 siblings have traits that are desireable then their offspring will carry the mire desirable traits as well. As for transhippers, they're just the middleman to get the fish from Thailand to you

Kaie

I mean what can they possibly do that you can't?

I've shipped tons of stuff from china with out a middle man

Kaie

So you'd breed siblings together?

I don't trust this transhipper thing. People seriously cant be trusted. Maybe thats my own folly...