H. Pearsei

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Forgot to say to fish_n_vw, your pearsei are looking good, can already tell the one is going to be a brute, with the bit of head bump happening. I like the pic with the soda can, gives a good perspective of size. Like madness said be patient with the hole in the head, Its surface damage that will grow back in. Good work with your fish!

Madness

Staff member
Frank looks great. I found another Argentea pill today. She shares a tank (she is 4" @ WC from APFP) with several larger fish. She constantly nips the fins of his 11" and 13" gars. Maybe Argentea females are brain dead.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They just seem to be feisty. Mines a trouble maker but she also has a huge personality, a lot more responsive than even my Midas. Now that the pearsei is eating anything and everything maybe with a bit more size on him she will mellow a bit. Then again that does not stop her from messing with the 11" midas.

A

Anonymous

When that pearsei rounds the 16" bend I bet she will thin twice. Lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
With the way the little guy eats :pig: , he is going to grow fast! 16" fish will be here before you know it.

He worried me at first because he was not even going for the frozen treats like the bloodworms and brine shrimp. He did not eat for days and looked skinny. Now the guy eats everything and anything just like the argentea. He seems to have some bulk on him now and I swear he has already grown. His little personality is just like you had described, very Oscar like. He is not scared of the big Midas any more but he still lets the Argentea chase him off.

I will continue to post pics of the "little" guy as he grows. Dont forget to keep taking pictures of yours too!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A few updated pics of Frank the pearsei

These were two weeks ago, and it looks like he has grown a ton since then. Little guy has a ton of attitude and looks like his head is starting to get the little bump in it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

Yours were just starting to really look like the beastly fish they were to become... :(

You've seen my little guy recently and he has definitely put on some girth since these photos. He is a little pig! :pig:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
alotadollars said:
where did you find the pearsei? sorry if you already said, but didnt see
Nobody had any when I wanted mine so I got in on a group buy at cichlid connection. I needed a bigger one to get along with my Midas so I bought the largest they had to offer at the time which was a wild caught 7". He was a bit pricey compared to a regular tank bred but I needed it to be a little bigger. Keep you eyes open we have been talking about another group buy.....