guppies NOT breeding

Fish Addict

guppies NOT breeding

My guppies just won't breed!! I am trying to raise them as feeder fish but a few months ago they just stopped having babies I used to have too many and couldn't feed them to my other fish fast enough to keep up with how fast they produced babies but in the last three months I have seen only 1 fry.... What might be wrong?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: guppies NOT breeding

Are they the same breeders? Maybe they are done, just plain worn out.

Sometimes you need to just get some new breeding stock.

Fish Addict

Darn well a good portion of the original females are currently pregnant and have been for months... For a ten gallon tank how many females should I get and how many males should I keep because my males are still really into breeding?

pbmax

For breeding, 3 females to a single male is a decent ratio. You don't have to buy very many... you should have tons in a few months. My endler tank is about to burst I have so many of the things... :shock:

finsandfeathers

Well Fish Addict if your looking for a group of new females I'm fixing to sell a bunch in the process of making tank space for a couple other projects and fry.

Fish Addict

I would be interested In buying some or all of your guppies. My female are probably worn out because they have bred probably a thousand guppies in the last year.

finsandfeathers

Have some auctions going for some so here's somewhat of a breakdown they'll all be assorted

Pre-hit young females - $1.25 each

sm females $.75 each

Assorted males $1.50 each

Can get 20 of the young females easily and with priority shipping, heat pack, insulate lined box and all the goodies for them to make a safe trip for $12 up to WA and that also includes the tracking / confirmation # that I forward once they're on the way

alyssaesk

fins and feathers... I just recently had the same thing happen and at this point i dont want to breed them i would just like to find someone that breeds them and is willing to sell me then straight for feeders... i wont do goldfish just because of the diseases but i also dont really have time for breeding... i got my guppies from this couple in lake tapps that was breeding them for her fish so she gave me seven... 3 males and 4 females... three of the females were already pregnant but never gave birth oddly so im kinda bummed about the whole thing. if you breed or know someone who does in bulk i would be willing to buy a large quantity at a time of juveniles to adults... i have a 110 gallon and a 75 gallon stocked with fish from 3 inches like my hoffas and 12 inches like my mayan... who all eat live treats but havent had them in a few weeks because of this. i have them on pellets, dried shrimp and bio blend but i would like to get them back to meat based diet since its as close to their natural habitat. anyways it would be awesome if you knew where i could get them from for feeders at a reasonable price in bulk.

feel free to pm me and we can exchange numbers or something

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Fish Addict, can you post a picture of the tank where the guppies are kept? Then I can further help you with breeding them :)

knifegill

Usually more water changes and some calcium carbonate or sea salt will get them spunky again.

A

Anonymous

get new breeders ! they will benefit you