GSP Tank (Ideas of what to put in there and how long does it take to accmulate to full SW)

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have a GSP around 2' or so he has been in FW but i have slowly started raising the salanity in the tank , i have a 30g tank with just him in it a big piece of coral that i think when i recieved it it was dead or dried out im unsure and pieces of white coral stem things that i do not think are alive.... I also, have a heater and filter in there with two bubblers , My GSP gets fed snails... does anyone have suggestions of what can livve in his tank with him or what else he can east besides snails and worms... :)

MRTom

Good question, I haven't gotten that far in the SW department to be able to comment. Hopefully one of the SW folks on here can jump in.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
As far as I know they don't go full SW they are a brackish water fish. They stay in between FW and SW. The link above says "Specific Gravity : adaptable, from low-end brackish (1.005) up to low-end saltwater (1.20)". They prefer planted tanks which I have found to be a little harder to find brackish plants but it is possible. Some plants can live in both FW as well as brackish waters and those have been when I've put in my puffers tank. I also feed freeze dried krill which he loves. And sand bottoms are best due to their lack of scales and rocks can cause damage.