GSAS Big Annual Aquarium Auction

Seattle_Aquarist

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G Annual Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No plants off the “do not sell” list).

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash or personal checks preferred

Our auction will be held at a new, larger location this year. It will be at the West Seattle Christian Church Gymnasium, 4400 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The church is conveniently located at the intersection of SW. Genesee St. and 42nd Ave. SW just 6 blocks from the West Seattle Bridge.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking

Saturday April 14th starts at 10:00 until ??; Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; early check out available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, and Dick Au just to name a few. Next September GSAS is pleased to sponsor a presentation by international speaker Christel Kasselmann who will be our lead off speaker for the 2012-13 season!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local fish stores and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org for more information.

Keywords: Aquarium Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums Aquatic Plants Tropical Fish

aquaman95

im no gsas membere but i can still buy?i see a location but no direct adress to the building im gonna roadtrip up from tacoma but i need better direction info.

gobluecichlids

I'll be there too, good opportunity to meet fellow fishbox members!, I'll be placing some of my fry to auction off.
However I can deliver fish what i have in stock. May have a few saltwater fishes on avail if not sold.

Madness

Staff member
I may be showing up later. How does the auction normally work? Is it a silent auction? And how long do they wait to award the winners? I cant get there till after noon, and can only stay for a couple hours.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi madness,

I think gobluecichlids gave you the correct answer to this question in the other thread but if you have additional questions just ask!

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that our GSAS B-I-G General Auction is tomorrow, April 14th at the West Seattle Christian Church gymnasium. The first 300 bidders in the door will receive a Foster and Smith gift bag with coupons, food, and a $20 F&S Gift Certificate.

In addition to all of the excellent corporate donations, our LFS Sponsor Stores have donated generously to our auction again this year. This is just some of what we will have:

For just a few of our GSAS Sponsor Stores
232323232%7Ffp%3B55%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D3557%3B6695%3A338nu0mrj

This too! 60" X 24" and 72" X 18" canopies and a 72" 3X MH 2X 96watt CFL fixture.
232323232%7Ffp%3B46%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D3557%3B63%3A85338nu0mrj

3X MH + 2X 96 watt CFL Fixture
232323232%7Ffp%3B9%3A%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D3557%3B5%3C%3A%3B6338nu0mrj

Anthraxx

MAN im super bummed i wont be able to attend this one... no car to get myself up there :*(. those little nano 8's are SUPER cool. recently just got one myself and i love it. its a perfect fry growout system as the filtration setup is up to u. if anyone is going up from the tacoma area please gimme a call as id love to head up to this one.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I just wanted to thank everyone that came out and supported our club yesterday. Our new, larger General Auction space worked out great and thanks to you we had record attendance, items sold, and revenue for our club! Thanks to you we will continue to be able to invite first class speakers to our meetings such as Dick Au, Ad Konings, Oliver Lucanus, Tom Barr, Karen Randall, and coming next September....Christel Kasselmann!

wideshot1.jpg

aquiariutems.jpg

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Gordon,

I'm appreciate your effort to cross the 'big puddle' and attend and I am especially glad you enjoyed it and had a good time.

-Roy

aquaman95

im upset i did not get to make it.especially knowing i got paid the day after.I am glad to know its worth a venture next time i WILL NOT MISS IT.

sandnuka

aquaman95 said:
im upset i did not get to make it.especially knowing i got paid the day after.I am glad to know its worth a venture next time i WILL NOT MISS IT.
Well next year isnt too far away.... and you will definetly have time to save up! :) I would figure you would have gone without money, I know you like to just mingle with fellow hobbyists. I am glad I didnt go, I know for a fact I wouldve purchased a bunch of stuff I didnt need! probably livestock too.. THen i would need more tanks, and more filters, more lights, etc etc etc..... It really took all my will power not to go. But glad it was a success... and cant wait to get some of the big speakers in, like ad konings... guy is my hero!