GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction

Seattle_Aquarist

GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv75%3B7%3Dot%3E245%3A%3D878%3D355%3DXROQDF%3E2785235794247ot1lsi

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G annual General Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No WA prohibited plants).

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash and credit cards are accepted; for GSAS members personal checks are also accepted

Our auction will be held at the same larger location we have used the last two years. It will be at the West Seattle Christian Church Gymnasium, 4400 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The church is conveniently located at the intersection of SW. Genesee St. and 42nd Ave. SW just 6 blocks from the West Seattle Bridge.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking

The auction is Saturday April 12th the auction starts at 10:00 until ??; Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; early check out available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, Dick Au, Ted Judy, Christel Kasselmann, Mike Wise, Greg Sage, and Ian Fuller just to name a few. Please help us to continue to bring these world class speakers to the Seattle area!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local aquarium shops and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at <a href="http://www.gsas.org/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.gsas.org/</a> for more information.

A

Anonymous

My 1st auction ever was a GSAS auction. You go around and write down what you want to bid on, then when it comes up you hold your hand up until you get it. NeatO!

Jubs

Great place to get used tanks for people with fishrooms or people that want to build a fishroom on the cheap! It's worth the trip and there is always a TON of fish geeks there and a lot of rare fish and plants usually for really great prices.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Also come say hi to me. I'll have a table setup in the back showing some stuff off :)

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

About thirty-five used aquariums are being donated to GSAS just in time for the auction! They range in size from 10 gallons to 125 gallons, with about half of them being 20s and three of them being 125s. Some filters and T12 lights are also being donated.

Like everything else in our auctions, these items are being sold AS IS. They're used tanks that weren't cleaned before they were put into storage, and they've been in storage for a while. If you're willing to take a chance on cleaning, testing, and possibly re-sealing if necessary, you may be able to find a great bargain.

If you might be interested in a 55-, 75-, or 125-gallon tank, it's a good time to start planning how you'll get it home from the auction.

Our benefactor is Jim Roberts of Roberts Motors and Roberts Property Ventures in Auburn, who is also donating the storage space for all of this until the auction.

See you at West Seattle Christian Church, 4400 42nd Ave SW, this Saturday, April 12, for our Big Auction. Previews and registration will start at 9am, and auctioning will start at 10. The link where sellers can register items can be found at <a href="http://www.gsas.org" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.gsas.org.</a>
I hope to see you all there!

Jubs

funkyfish said:
Know if anyone is bringing dwarf shrimps?  Thanks!
I'm bringing some blue velvet shrimp. I have a few other varieties as well but am not bringing them, what are you looking for?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Along with the 35 donated tanks mentioned above there are light fixtures, filters, and raffle prizes!

Tomorrow is the big day; doors open at 9:00 AM and the auction starts at 10:00!

Marineland 30 gallon Half Moon aquarium with black wood stand - $220 retail
Marineland LED 24” Fixture for Planted Tanks w/timer - $220 retail
Aqueon 36” Twin Tube Fixture - $110 retail

Jubs

I believe it went till around 3:15 p.m. last year. No idea how long or short it will be this year though.

zach_discus

Ahh good auction!! Didn't stay till the end but picked up some sweet deals 4 20s for $5 each, a 55 with metal dual tank stand for $50. Lots of swords,a few apistos, in-line UV, in-line CO2 reactor. All in all spent about $250 minus what my discus and angels brought in so spent $90 out of pocket. Lol less than the UV would have costed :)