Greets peeps

dwarfpike

Been lurking for a spell while I am currently banished out in Monroe here ...

*waits for the laughter to finish* :suspect: 

As the handle suggests, I am a huge dwarf pike cichlid fan even though I am currently lacking any at the moment, since part of the banishment entails all my tanks being in storage except for a single 20 long which currently holds a breeding pair of Laetacara araguaiae ... aka purple Buckelkopf dwarf acaras.

I was directed here from a few peeps from MFK where I use a slightly different handle, since well dwarf doesn't sound very monster.

Um ... so ... yeah.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Welcome.:welcome!:  its kinda slow today its the weekend and also Washington state fair and Seattle aquarium swap was today.

A

Anonymous

:iagree: 

:welcome!: - Glad to see u finally make an intro. Would love to see your dwarf acaras! Got picts?!?

dwarfpike

SiRWesDragon said:
Welcome.:welcome!:  its kinda slow today its the weekend and also Washington state fair and Seattle aquarium swap was today.
No worries. Any responses are welcome, not expected. I figured it was slow due the Husky game being on though.

fishNAbowl said:
:iagree: 

:welcome!: - Glad to see u finally make an intro. Would love to see your dwarf acaras! Got picts?!?
I don't own a camera, but I borrow a roomies point and shoot sometimes. So what few pics I have aren't good. Here's the male moving the wigglers a couple nights ago.

attachment.php

A

Anonymous

dwarfpike said:
I don't own a camera, but I borrow a roomies point and shoot sometimes. So what few pics I have aren't good. Here's the male moving the wigglers a couple nights ago.

attachment.php
Nice. When you have selling age frys would you be selling some to us? Id be interested. :spoton: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:welcome!:  dwarfs are welcome here, MFK is anti dwarf. :tongue: 

dwarfpike

Kaosu said:
you made the  trip over to wa fish box ^_^
I did. Well finally stopped lurking at least. :p 

SiRWesDragon said:
Nice. When you have selling age frys would you be selling some to us? Id be interested. :spoton: 
If they survive, sure. Bad timing that I have to house sit way up north just as they hit freeswimming. As you can see from the pic, there is a fair amount of algae (I had just started dosing Excel two days before I found the hidden eggs), several plants and some moss balls ... so they might, will just have to cross my fingers and see.

Madness

Staff member
Where are all the BIG cihlid people?????????????????????????

Oh, and welcome. :) :lol

dwarfpike

madness said:
Where are all the BIG cihlid people?????????????????????????

Oh, and welcome. :):lol
Well, I'd be a bigger cichlid person if I had the room ... but most of life spent in apartments usually means smaller tanks. One day though!!!

And thanks!

A

Anonymous

SiRWesDragon said:
dwarfpike said:

attachment.php
:plus1: 

Very nice dwarfpike!

dwarfpike

BillHN said:
Sup sup sup
Sup! Nice av btw. Despite being a cichlid guy, I am a closet labyrinth (wild bettas, chocolate gouramis) and badis guy too.

cichlid-gal said:
:welcome!: .... dwarf cichlids ROCK THE CASBAH!
Indeed they do!!! Big ones are good too, but when you are short on space, it's fun to watch a little 3" cichlid flare and glassbang.

Welcome to fishbox!! :) dwarf cichlids are awesome, I'm still trying to get my head around them though. Still wondering if I can be succesful with them or not. So far, not so good. hahahaha! But I am determined! :D

dwarfpike

PokeSephiroth said:
Welcome to fishbox!! :)dwarf cichlids are awesome, I'm still trying to get my head around them though. Still wondering if I can be succesful with them or not. So far, not so good. hahahaha! But I am determined! :D
Well, they don't like fire ... :p 

Which ones have you tried? Ironically, some of the most common ones are the hardest to keep (blue rams come to mind).

Dwarf acaras are probably the easiest ... curviceps, dorsigera, araguaiae ... plus, dwarves love plants. I can never set up a tank with at least some anubias in them.

dwarfpike: Well shoot... yeah, Blue Rams are the ones I'm trying with at the moment. I miiiiiiight try Apistos, I'm still deciding if I want to fork over that much money for a fish ($14-$17 per fish, is a lot to me. lol. Heck, I think $5 per fish is teetering on the expensive side, but that's because I'm frugal, and cheap. LOL!!!) But yes, my Blue Rams have laid eggs three times now, but the eggs end up getting eaten by snails and whatnot. They are still young and not experienced with breeding and keeping the eggs, but I think after several tries, then they will become successful at it.

Pretty much all of my plants are planted now (thank goodness), so yeah, they have lots of cover and swimmy places to lay eggs on :D

Here are some videos of the tank where I currently have the breeding pair of Blue Rams in. First video is the most oldest one, while the last one is the latest video. The latest video has the most video footage of my Blue Rams, IIRC.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/F-1h7YSDYos[/flash]
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/7XuXzudPdSU[/flash]
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/kIxy2V6xyPQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]