Great news for the hobby.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
B6A39225-4364-457F-B57A-5B8A46F7FEBE.jpeg Great news for the hobby!!!!! I just read an update from the recently retired Jeff Rapps. This is so good for the hobby. I’m ecstatic and plan to support the new owner as soon as It’s operational.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely.

I hobbyist named Matt Hand who I’ve ordered fish from in the past passed on the post in one of my fish groups on Facebook and I knew it needed to be here too. Whenever it’s running again, maybe we should do a group buy like the old days so we can save on shipping

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A good old group buy would be awesome! I still need to find a replacement for my Pearsei... still not sure what but something big and calm

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the website is up and running again.... limited list right now as he builds up inventory.... I read the update so I’ll post the screen shots below

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Already has big lipped Red Devils on the list
Yeah... I saw that. I would love some but already have a ton of amphs to grow out! lol

Also noticed a little difference in listings. Many say CB (captive bred) but dont necessarily tell you if F1, F2, etc. Rapps used to pretty much tell you what generation it was.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah... I saw that. I would love some but already have a ton of amphs to grow out! lol

Also noticed a little difference in listings. Many say CB (captive bred) but dont necessarily tell you if F1, F2, etc. Rapps used to pretty much tell you what generation it was.
I heard that was coming as they move forward

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
But I also believe that the term captive bred is used for any fish lower than an F1 when Jeff used to use CB

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
But I also believe that the term captive bred is used for any fish lower than an F1 when Jeff used to use CB
When I got my Bumblebee Oscar from him it was listed as “CB” with nothing else. When asked, Jeff said they were likely F2 or later. Sounded like he was getting them from someone else who had a breeding pair.

As time goes on my preference for a wet pet usually steers me away from wild caught. F1 can even seem very ‘wild’ in how leery and different they can seem to act at times. Seems strange to use the word “domesticated” to describe fish but seems the F2 onward really are not as shy and much more interactive with humans.