Goldfish... really? lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
So I have really been thinking about a goldfish tank, lol. For those that have seen what I keep, this is a big change from the cichlids and bichirs that Im know for.

My tank that Im considering doing this in is a 65B. just researching at the moment, its this or another community tank of sorts.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of one of the ones I want…a Ranchu
E9A723D9-A7E1-47E5-92E0-F341DF0E9CB7.png
Possibly a pearlscale or some other of the ‘fancy’ variety types are of interest.

This idea is kind of based off sheer color. It hard to beat some of the orange, yellows or calico combos these guys have.

BPSabelhaus

1000009659.jpg

Just ignore the fact that everything froze and the pond drained itself last week lol I should have turned the pump off, but this was the first time it was this bad in the ten years we have had the pond.

That started with a Shubunkin in an aquarium lol

The butterfly koi was added last year as an excuse for a bigger pond in a couple years ;) I want my current pond to be the future ponds filter :)

It's the best place to have morning coffee, weather permitting ;)

You know you wanna...

Ruturaj Hagavane

Hahaha, I have been having the same itch lately.

Give everyone an upgrade. Move all Africans to 125 from 75, flowerhorn to 75 from 40, and put 2 goldfish in 40. I like much simpler variety though, fantails.

Do it. I am going to as soon as I move when my lease ends in April.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My 65B with Sajica cichlids has to be the most boring tank I have. The most exciting part of that tank are the Buenos Aires tetras which I can easily move to another tank. I can still see switching this tank to a goldfish tank. Still considering it…

sir_keith

Legendary Member
My 65B with Sajica cichlids has to be the most boring tank I have. The most exciting part of that tank are the Buenos Aires tetras which I can easily move to another tank. I can still see switching this tank to a goldfish tank. Still considering it…
But aren't goldfish a bit... boring??? :eek:

BPSabelhaus

Well, I see your point if 'boring = invisible', but I think there might be more than a few catfish enthusiasts on here (not me) whose days (or nights) are made by an occasional sighting! :rofl:rofl:rofl
Growing up my uncle kept two massive tanks of Oscars and bullhead catfish he had caught from local lakes. Just massive 18in to 2 ft beasts slithering about the bottom. They were on both walls of pit living room (anyone remember those?) and it just had this evil imposing villain lair feel.

He was a Baptist minister lol