Golden Dwarf Cichlids?

swamp-rat

Anyone keeping these (nannacara anomala)? I just discovered them while going down the Cichlid Exchange list of available sp. I might be interested in a pair...
How aggressive are they (territorial to each other, tankmates, similar species?)

A

Anonymous

I have a single male in a large busy tank. He hangs out in the shadows and under leaves. He's not 'shy' just evasive to the busy activity of the rest of the tank. I think he wants to be a bigger cichlid trying to be robust but just can't because of size . He is housed with other fish that occupy the same tank region. Bolivian Ram, emerald green Cory cats, South American bumblebee catfish, dwarf pikes, another dwarf acara species. I don't think he likes being the smallest out of the bunch but manages :)

With that being said I think this guy wants to be aggressive but has size issues. Sometimes I see him and he has scuff marks so I know he gets into territory debates from time to time. But he's found his own nitch in the tank :)

B

big01612

Currently have 5 nannacara anomalas (holding for a friend till he knows WTH he is going to do with them). 2 males and 3 females. Not breeding yet. They are aggressive little funks. Killed a few guppies and ottos, I had with them as dithers and cleaners. But now they are with 2 female paradise fishes, 1 corycat, and 1 Bushy nose pleco. Zero deaths. They chase each other away from their little corners of the tank.

dwarfpike

Females are known to remove males after breeding in too small a tank, and when they have eggs/fry are known to be very brutal to cory cats. Used to be the most common dwarf SA cichlid, but actually not so easy to find now a days.

Denizaari

He's holding them for me. I still haven't figured things out for theses little guys. If anyone is interested, I might sell them. PM me if interested.

swamp-rat

Hmm. Guess I should admire from a distance, then. I have a reverse trio of Laetacara araguaiae in a 90 gallon and the males guard opposite ends of the tank, though they can have quite the turf war at times. Adding another mini to the mix just sounds like disaster if they've got a Napoleonic complex. May try a few rams, though.