Getting the floor wet again!

larry.beck

Yeah, those will all be at least 2", getting on to 3" or maybe a bit more.

Goblue's auroras look really nice. Kinda wish they were on my list to keep, but until I get my bigger tank set up there's no adding anything unless I remove as well.

Dave's doesn't do many WC fish. He breeds or has bred most of his stock. Same for Reserve Stock. For WC you really have to go to the importers and transshippers.

larry.beck

I actually have 3 saulosi I could add to the mix. They're full grown and in my show tank. Two definite males, one that I'm almost positive is female but shows male colors to keep from getting harassed. These came from Kevin @ APFP.

Doza

why you not wanting the saulosi? I wont complain!!

So im determined im making my own reef!! Except im using reef rock and not boulders!
the rock pile will be up against one wall with caves and it will be open watter all along the middle and the opposite end and on the opposite end im going to have A Ecotech vortech circulation pump and ill bash the rocks with waves and grow algea with the light i have! :p

Just decisions, 2 mp10w's(200 – 1575 gph each unit.), or a mp40w(500-3000 gph) or a mp60w!!! :p (3,500 – 7,500 GPH)

Doza

figure the mp10w uses 18 watts at 1575 gph but i could use a mp60w on lowest setting and only uses 10 watts for 3500 gph..

larry.beck

I just have too many blue vertically barred species and they're not at the top of my list.

I'm actually running 2 MP40W es in my mbuna tank right now. When I get the tank upgrade done I'll eventually add another 2, along with a 1200gph closed loop under the rocks and 1200gph return from the sump. The tank will have saltwater-tank-like flow! LOL

Doza

In what size tank? i would figure 2 mp40w's would be sufficient if you had them anywhere close to being cranked all the way up!..

Do you have video of how the fish handle the current?

larry.beck

I have 2 units in the 125g tank now, will considering adding 2 more when I move them to the 300g. Right now I have 1 unit at each end, in opposite flow mode. When I get the new tank set up it will be a peninsula so they'll all be on 1 end, working in unison.