Getting a Discus Club started in the Seattle area

zach_discus

Hello me and a few like minded Discus folks have been kicking around the idea of starting a Discus Club in the Seattle/Pacific Nortwest area. Looking to have a informal get together on either the 22 or 23 at either a LFS or a restraunt depending on number of folks that might come. If you are interested please send me a pm or e-mail at zach_discus at outlook.com. Let me know where you are located so I can see about finding a centralized location. Thanks Zach

Madness

Staff member
zach_discus said:
Hello me and a few like minded Discus folks have been kicking around the idea of starting a Discus Club in the Seattle/Pacific Nortwest area. Looking to have a informal get together on either the 22 or 23 at either a LFS or a restraunt depending on number of folks that might come. If you are interested please send me a pm or e-mail at zach_discus at outlook.com. Let me know where you are located so I can see about finding a centralized location. Thanks Zach
Good luck with this Zach.

I tried to start up a Cichlid club a couple years back as well. For the the first 2 or 3 we had a good turn out, (only 4 or 5 fishbox members though), after that it died.

We held them at various individuals homes, so that we could not only talk fish but show off our own setups and stock.

zach_discus

Haha yeah every club I know has that issue. Hope to keep the meeting numbers down to every 1/4 with a 5th being a BBQ maybe. Also have some plans for discus raffles :). 1 goal is to be able to host a NADA convention here in Seattle!!

Livebearer

Zach,
Sounds like a great idea but its soo expensive to aquire Discus let alone keep these beautiful fishes in the "ideal water". The Seattle areas water is best suited for Livebearers!
Hey,,, how about a Livebearer club,,or a Dwarf cichlid club???? with discus???

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the Seattle water is not best for live bearers. And is suited much better for Discus.

zach_discus

The cost and availability of quality discus is one goal of having a club. We can get group rates and split shipping on orders. Also knowing who has what color strains and from what breeders helps :)

Livebearer

I was told by my Fex delivery guy there is a Discus breeder here in Duvall. Do you know who he is???? The delivery man picks up shipment bi-weekly.

dwarfpike

It is indeed. Been there a long time too, I did a report on him back in '91 for a report in middle school.  :lol!: 

Livebearer

The Fed Ex. delivery driver was here at my plce just 2 weeks ago delivering fish to me and told me about him.
He has been in this Discus breeders fishroom and just picked up a box very recently.
I could try to find out who he is as on my slip it says who the driver was....

zach_discus

Yeah I bet its Mac, Steve is kinda the middle man, he imports and than sales them on-line. He carries lots of colors.

Livebearer

Very Cool Zach,
Thought that was great to hear from the fed Ex. driver. Just trying to drum up new members for your future club...