German Blue Ram Spawn!!

MorganEA

Well that didn't take long!! Watching the male choose a female was like watching a bad soap opera! I'm not sure if they are actually fertilized but the pair are doing a really good job guarding them from the ever hungry platys.
11114.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid324.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk321%2Fsixfeetunder_SFU%2FIMG_2488.mp4">

A

Anonymous

I kidding, I kidding. Green with envy, I can't get snails to breed...lol!

That's super cool MorganEA, keep us updated!

MorganEA

I didnt expect them to breed!! I'm super surprised. Do you think I should move the other female to a different tank? The pair is taking turns chasing her :(

MorganEA

TheFishPimp said:
Hey Morgan, I realize it's early in the process but w/o jinxin it...got plans for tjose fry???...:)

TFP
I have no plans for the fry, I didn't even expect them to breed  :affraid: 

dwarfpike

If the tank is large enough, and there is no damage being done, I'd leave the extra female. She'll help keep the pair together, and ram pairs aren't known for being great parents so every little bit helps. Blue rams can claim a fairly big space for such small fish though.

MorganEA

Rofl you guys are going to jinx it!!
did anyone see my other post about the females guarding the eggs and kicking the male out? Is that weird?

Ripples

If enough survive then I could really use at least a male. I got a pair and the male was already sick with dropsy :( needless to say, he is dead and the female needs a new mate.

Chiisai

MorganEA said:
Rofl you guys are going to jinx it!!
did anyone see my other post about the females guarding the eggs and kicking the male out? Is that weird?
I have been digging around for a presidence. So far in every case the fish have been sexed incorrectly. I assume you have sexed your fish properly in which case as long as the chased fish recieves no damage apparently its not uncommon for rams to chase each other.

MorganEA

I'm pretty sure I sexed them right, I think I will set up a larger tank for them. they are in a 20 gal I think they need a 20 L

Chiisai

MorganEA said:
I'm pretty sure I sexed them right, I think I will set up a larger tank for them. they are in a 20 gal I think they need a 20 L
Eh that was another common answer was that perphaps they are in to small of a tank (most of the posters had them in 10gal) it was suggested 20 long or higher for 1 pair

MorganEA

10 gal?! that's not enough room for them :( hopefully they figure things out, Ill add more plants and try to get a bigger tank.