Future of POTM

Ali

I think the "users online" number can be quite deceiving. I know I just leave a browser tab open 24/7.

I entered once, but that has been the only time I had a photo that fit the criteria.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Thanks for the input everyone. I understand the same fish too. I've had the same fish for years. I still take pics of them though. :) I don't enter the photo contest or vote because it doesn't seem like I should since I see all of the entries ahead of time.

Shorty, I hope you don't give up keeping fish!

It's leaning towards it. I have 3 angels left out of many that I have lost. No BN fry, figured out the copper/lead thing, got an ro/di and now the minerals won't stay even in the tanks creating the same issues. I bought 6 new angels to add to my previous 3. I had 9 for a bit. I have 3 left and one is currently sick. Life of a fish isn't good in this house.

Jeeperman

I hope it does not go away, being somewhat new here I have not entered but have voted. I do plan to enter. Photographing fish can be somewhat of a struggle, however very doable. As said by others, light is the key. How you get that light can be done more than one way. Some use a flash with good success but some have trouble with reflection. There are ways around reflection. Remote flash pointing down on fish.
Not everyone will have a remote flash. I do and still do not use it. I tend to like available light, however I use a lens with a large 2.8 aperature, This collects a lot of light. I bump the ISO slightly to make up a little more. It is light which gives you the needed speed to capture a sharp image with out a blur.
Here is a recent shot {no flash} of the Malawi eyebiter. I am always open to questions on photography, happy to try and help if I can. DSC08098.jpg