Fusion 200 with loss of air pressure??

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I bought a fusion air pump 200 model in June. About 2 weeks ago it got weaker and now it is still running but not strong enough to run anything off of. Even with a short line less than 6" on it. Anyone know if this could be the diaphragm and if so is it cost effective to replace it or should I just junk it and take the hit and buy a new one?

star_rider

I've recently had a rash of issues with my fusion pumps a 200 , doing the same as yours aka loss of pressure..I took it apart and looked at it messed with it a bit .. to me for the price not worth installing a new diaphragm.

I also have a 500.. that stopped working.. the chip inside which is part of the dial stopped working. messed with it.. got it working but the dial part is not working and it's stuck on low out put.

I bought a cheapie aquatop from cory at the swap meet.. Love that thing and it replaces one of my fusions and has already beat out the run time on the fusion..

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Hmm guess I won't be buying any more fusion pumps. :/ Eco and TopFin have been recommended as excellent running long term pumps. Maybe I'll buy one of those instead to replace this Fusion. I have a super old (looks 10+ years old) pump I got for free thrown in with some stuff. Plugged it in and is running like a charm. Funny my fusion didn't even last 4 months....

Anthraxx

most air pumps have a little filter on there. it can quickly become clogged with dust and debris which ive seen will sometimes slow flow (drastically) you can buy replacements online (havent seen any in stores) i personally just removed em awhile back because of a similar issue. everythings back to working like a charm :) GL to ya hope this helps

Anthraxx

sometimes you can flip those over, the exposed side seems to get dirty faster. or just remove it all together.