Fungus? Bacteria?

Zerc

Fungus? Bacteria?

So I noticed a white spot on my green terror roughly 2 weeks ago. I have been watching it and it has not grown, but it has not gotten any smaller either. (I have been keeping up a light dose of salt)
I noticed at the same time what looked like a loose scale on his left side, but I have noticed it looks a little? bigger. Also, there are a few spots on one fin similar in size and shape to the spot on his tail.

Pics:
green110.jpg

green210.jpg

green310.jpg

I have a 2.5 gallon tank i can treat him in, but is this something i should worry about? Or can anyone give any input on whether it might be a bacteria or fungus?

thanks!

sandnuka

Re: Fungus? Bacteria?

hmmm...... white spots first thing that comes to mind is ick.... but 3 tiny dots, I dont know if I would go that route.... There is some good meds that treat several things though.... well whatever it is, I would personally treat the whole tank and not quarantine him... but that is just me.

Im super curious if anyone can diagnose it, good pictures thanks!

Zerc

they are a lot bigger than any ich ive seen before though, and its been almost 2 weeks for the same spot on his tail in a ~80 degree tank.

Anthraxx

id say damaged tissue. its happened to my discus a cpl times. and it always heals up all white and stringy then just kinda goes away one day. just my thoughts so dont take my opinion too highly. GL if it is a disease of some kind.

Zerc

I cant really tell if it is fuzzy. The spot on his side appears to me to be under one scale that is being pushed up a little i think?

Gryphon

Can't hurt to treat with pimafix for a few days in your hospital tank. Won't make it worse and can only help.

vancouver_98683

Not sure on the white dot, but anything that has to do with the scales are always bumps and bruising. My polleni and bleekeri annoyingly get it all the time. No other cichlids of mine get this. Fungus prone after their little battles. That is what it looks like to me.

Fish Addict

What ever it is the RD I got from zerc has a white spot on his tail its a big spot and looks more like a fungus I think