FS: killies/gudgeons/feeders/shrimp, Shoreline - PU/MU

clifford

I'm preparing to do some rearranging in my fish room, and would like to tear a few things down and get them out of the way prior to starting. (not selling any tanks at this time)

Fundulopanchax gardneri (aquarium strain, occasionally throws gold fry) - pairs, $8, trios (1.2) $12, extra males $2.
F. gardneri eggs or fry, 50 cents each
Tateurndina ocellicauda (Peacock Gudgeons) - adult pairs $12, juveniles $4, males tend the eggs, so usually you want a few more males than females if buying a group
Platties - young feeders - 25 cents, juvenile feeders, 50 cents
Malawa shrimp - adults, $1, young feeders - 25 cents

The killes and peacocks are fine for community tanks when their needs are met, but both kinds are at least somewhat territorial and could get nippy with long-finned fish. (I probably would not keep them with rainbows or guppies). I've seen a ton of sparring between males of the same species, but these are not bettas, any fights that occur are typically brief and damage (even minor) is unusual (almost always for breeding space/rights).

I think it's about ideal to go for a group of 8 with the Peacocks (in ~20gal), and a pair or trio (1.2) of the killies (in any container that holds water), but each can be kept in just about any ratio. The female gardneri are quite plain, and you can keep multiple gardneri males in the same tank, assuming you have plants or hardscape. (I have multiple males in tanks as small as 2 gallons (2 males) and as large as 40 (30+ males) to prove this point).

Free vallisneria with any purchase, minimum purchase $20.

Cliff

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Thagreatdub said:
New to the forum and don't know how to PM, I would like to look at some of your stuff Cliff.

Just click on the PM button by a users name. This will allow you to send them a private message.

Attachments

• PM.png
    PM.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 22
Got some Peacock Gudgeons and Gardneri Killi's from Clifford today, and they all look amazing! If you're still on the fence about buying these fish, you should go ahead and buy some, you won't be disappointed! I've just finished drip acclimating them into my quarantine tank, and their colors are already showing.

Thanks again, Clifford! Looking forward to doing more business with you. :)

Here is a picture of one of the juvenile Peacock Gudgeons, already coloring up really well!

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7