FS,FT, Locksmith services, So King county, your location

keman

Anyone in need of Locksmith services? Will trade aquarium equipment, plants, or as a cash deal with substantial discount off of "retail".

I am always on the look out for canister filters in Good CLEAN condition, cast acrylic for tank projects, Double stand for standard 55g tanks... also looking for tall growing and very short ground cover type plants.

A retail price for services would start with,
$50 service call,
$25 per cylinder to rekey each
$4 per key
Hourly labor of $90
ETC...

If done for cash,
$20 service call (may be more if greater than 40 miles from Auburn. Negotiable)
$15 per cylinder
Still have to charge $4 per key since I will have to buy those from my boss.
Hourly labor of $40

Note, labor does not apply to rekey service, only to "other" locksmith tasks like repairs or install work.

I am a professional certified Locksmith with 17 years of exp.

Sorry, No Automotive.

Bob

I like this idea, anyone want free hbo, showtime or starz? ill trade for fish =P

keman

Vicmacki said:
I like this idea, anyone want free hbo, showtime or starz? ill trade for fish =P

My boss allows his locksmiths to do private work as long as any parts are paid for at retail.

I see how some could interpret this as "moonlighting" or taking away from my shop for personal gain. My weekends and off hours are my own. Anything I use that is company property or goods is paid to the shop, not my pockets. I have no integrity issue with my boss. I get to keep the funds from the rekeys, and labor. I also report any private earnings to my boss.

A

Anonymous

My mind went into the gutter on this one.

When I seen this post last night I thought it was a god thing. Until I read the bottom about no auto's because my daughter locked her damn keys in the car. With no extra keys on hand I was becomming worried about having to spend $100 to get the car unlocked. Not good so close to Christmas. I was about to put a rock through her window, lol!

I may make contact later though. My house is 2 years old and the dead bolt on the front door has failed in the locked position. Completely froze. I've been having issues before it failed. Maybe we can do something about it instead of replacing all my locks...

keman

Jambed deadbolts can usually be fixed with minimal parts cost. Try taking it apart from the inside. Depending on the brand and style, most have two screws holding them together. Once the thing is off the door you may be able to use a screwdriver or plyers to pull the bolt back. If you do end up buying a new deadbolt, make sure it is the same brand or has a compatible key (your key goes into the lock). Most hardware stores can key the new lock to your old key for a small charge. Way cheaper than calling a locksmith.

Sadly, Lake Stevens is a bit far for me to travel without having to pay for gas and van use. I graduated from Lake Stevens High. Lived out on Lk. Cassidy.

A

Anonymous

Neat! Thanks for the tip, much appreciated. I am a bit handy so pulling it apart shouldn't be an issue. It's what I am going to find inside, lol.

keman

I have worked on some that were so damaged they needed about a half hour to tear out of the door without damaging the door.

A

Anonymous

^ Admin/mods,
I thought embedded links were turned off for new members?! Is this a legit member or spam?

Betty

Staff member
fishNAbowl said:
^ Admin/mods,
I thought embedded links were turned off for new members?! Is this a legit member or spam?
It looks like spam to me. I removed it. I'll make sure Admin knows about it and the one yesterday.

keman

Am I missing something?? What embedded links?? Did I do something wrong??? Please tell me my post and honest offer has not been considered spam! It was meant with all integrity.

Ali

I think there was a reply to your post that was spammy, not your original. Just a theory though