**FREE Presentation - GSAS Home Show ** - Streaming Online Now!!

Seattle_Aquarist

**FREE Presentation - GSAS Home Show ** - May 10th

Join us May 10th for the video and awards presentation of our 2016 Home Show. Our "judges", photographer and videographer crammed themselves into a van and visit the homes of 10 GSAS members. At the meeting. you'll see ten (10) GSAS members proudly showing off their aquariums, talking about their tanks, and sharing ideas and tips. This has become one of the most fun and popular meetings every year since its revival in 2009.

We are publishing a series of preview videos for the next two weeks to whet your appetite until the meeting.

The presentation will be Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 at 7:30 PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting please join us for our monthly auction and help to support the club that brings us all our these outstanding speakers and events.

Guests are welcome; no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
No furry or feathered pets
Free parking, accessible building
Go to Greater Seattle Aquarium Society for more information and directions

Key words: Tropical Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums CO2 Aquatic Plants

Two Preview Videos:

Meet Paul

and Meet Hari

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a reminder that next Tuesday is the GSAS Home Show Presentation where the hard working judges, videographer, and photographer visit the (10) GSAS members homes and video there tanks.

Just so you don't think the judges "worked" all the time during those two days here is an excerpt where they visited one of the GSAS Sponsor Stores - Aquarium Zen an ADA Distributor

Last edited:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

The next Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) meeting is this coming Tuesday. This is one of my favorite meetings of the year, the Home Show Presentation where I get to see other members' aquarium set-ups, learn what they are keeping and breeding, and getting ideas of what I might want to try myself.

That Home Show "break" at Aquarium Zen reminded me that back in the day (OK, three years ago), the crew did a similar invasion of Aquarium Co-Op...before it was open! So I dug out the original footage. It's not particularly long or good, but was fun to look at, considering how much things have changed in the past three years! Take a peek at the unfinished store:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

This is the last reminder, tomorrow night the doors open at Otto Miller Hall on the SPU Campus at 6:30PM and the meeting starts at 7:30PM and afterwards we will have our monthly auction.....hope to see you there!

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

If all of the GSAS Home Show entrants give their permission GSAS makes the video of the GSAS Home Show available for everyone to watch. This year we got permission from all the entrants, so the entire home show video is available publicly (rather than just some selections). Thanks guys. I think there's some nice context you get when watching the whole thing that gets missed with the isolated bites. Here is the whole shebang, along with the outtake previews posted earlier:

Last edited: