*FREE Presentation* C.A.R.E.S. & Cichlids - Klaus Steinhaus

Seattle_Aquarist

**FREE Presentation** C.A.R.E.S. & Cichlids - Klaus Steinhaus - GSAS

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3A%3A%3C%3Dot%3E245%3A%3D878%3D355%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B5%3A43378247ot1lsi

For October the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to have as our speaker Klaus Steinhaus. Klaus was born in Germany in 1948 and got his first aquarium in 1956 in which he kept Guppies and Platties. He started Cichlids in 1967 and has specialized in African Cichlids since 1974. He was a member of the German Cichlid Association from 1976 to 1982, when he moved to Canada. He currently is a member of the Durham Region Aquarium Society and the American Cichlid Association.

Klaus is an official speaker for C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program (Conservation Priority Species at Risk); an organization working for the preservation of endangered species in the aquarium hobby. He will be giving two presentations. On Tuesday October 14th, he will speak on the C.A.R.E.S. program, its history and people, how to participate, and the state of aquarium fish conservation. Klaus's talk is partly sponsored by Zoo Med Labs as part of the ACA Speaker Program. Thank you Zoo Med and ACA for your support!

The presentation will be Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 at 7:30 PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting please join us for our monthly auction and help to support the club that brings us all our these outstanding speakers.

Guests are welcome; no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building
No furry or feathered pets
Go to http://www.gsas.org/ for more information and directions

Klaus will also giving a second "GSAS Members-Only" meeting on Sunday, October 12th in the afternoon covering the genus Tropheus; the talk is titled Tropheus, are they really that scary?. GSAS Members can get information on the event on our http://www.gsas.org/ webpage.

Key words: Tropical Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums CO2 Aquatic Plants Cichlids CARES

Betty

Staff member
Re: *FREE Presentation* C.A.R.E.S. & Cichlids - Klaus Steinh

Klaus is the reason I started keeping Tanganyikans several years ago. He helped me a lot when I first got my tropheus. Very nice guy. I'll have to find a way to make it up for his presentation.

Will I am

He familiar with west African cichlids? I would like to make this as well. West Africans would be a nice treat!

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Will I am,

I understand that Klaus does an excellent talk on Tropheus species, the Members Only Tropheus talk is on Sunday PM.

I think that the talk that Chuck Rambo did on East African Cichlids in November of 2011 is one of the best in our GSAS Video Library http://www.gsas.org/talks.php.

Seattle_Aquarist

Members Only meeting next Sunday

Regular Meeting one week from today....I hope to see you there!

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a reminder that our GSAS Meeting is tomorrow; I hope you are all there!

-Roy