**FREE Presentation** Beyond the Can of Flakes - GSAS

Seattle_Aquarist

**FREE Presentation** Beyond the Can of Flakes - Carol & Jay Geiler - GSAS

Jay-Carol.jpg

Join GSAS on Tuesday January 13th, at our usual location, usual time, for a presentation from our very own members Jay & Carol Geiler. If you saw last year's GSAS Home Show video (http://www.gsas.org/MembersOnly/talks.php?ID=84)or the recent video posted by Cory (Fish Room Tour #5; http://www.wafishbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11138), you know that Jay and Carol breed a lot of fish, enough that they recently built their own Fish Building(!). One thing we noticed during the visit was the variety of foods that they use, many of which they prepare or culture themselves (see the jars in the photo). The few minutes they had on-camera was not enough to convey much about this interesting subject, so we're devoting a meeting to it!

Carol writes: "Whether feeding a single tank or many, there’s a wide array of foods to choose from when it comes to feeding your fish. Flake can offer an easy and simple solution but if you’d like to beef up your feeding program or offer special foods for spawning or fry then here’s a look at how we feed our fish."

The presentation will be Tuesday, January 13th, 2015 at 7:30 PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting please join us for our monthly auction and help to support the club that brings us all our these outstanding speakers.

Guests are welcome; no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building
No furry or feathered pets
Go to http://www.gsas.org/ for more information and directions

Key words: Tropical Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums CO2 Aquatic Plants Cichlids CARES

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a reminder that next Tuesday is the GSAS monthly meeting featuring our own Jay and Carol from GSAS and WA Fishbox. The talk is about the variety of different food options available to us besides the standard can of 'flake food'; please attend and show your support!

Chiisai

Seattle_Aquarist said:
Hi All,

The talk is about the variety of different food options available to us besides the standard can of 'flake food'; please attend and show your support!

Good thing my flake food is in a bag then eh? :cheers:

tazeat

This is good, I try to mix up what I feed them, but they always eat the flakes. I do once or twice a week give them frozen brine shrimp or beef hearts and especially the picture cat just goes nuts. I feed algae pellets for the plecos. Looking at the video just goes to show how much more I could do though.

Jay

Thanks to all who showed up and to Cory for making such an amazing video of our fishroom - we're very blessed to have such a great fish community here in the Seattle area..........

Jay & Carol