** FREE Lecture** Maya Cichlids - Rusty Wessel May 13 by GSAS

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a reminder that Tuesday and the Rusty Wessel talk along with the auction of some of his species is just around the corner.....I hope you can make it!

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

The Rusty Wessel talk is tomorrow evening; doors open about 6:30 the meeting starts at 7:30.  We have received word that it is possible that we may not be able to record this talk for later viewing by our members so if you want to hear one of the top cichlid breeders and explorers you will not want to miss this meeting.

I hope to see you all there!
-Roy

hose91

Roy,

Sadly, I could not make it to this talk and auction, what was the final verdict on recording it for future use by GSAS members? How did it go, would love to hear a review from those who could make it!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I was not able to make it either. There was talk about future speaking engagements.... any ideas when?

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

It was great seeing a lot of you at the meeting last night! In spite of the beautiful weather 75+ folks showed up and had a great time. I saw some of the fish that Rusty brought and they were amazing; the ones I especially liked were the Theraps coeruleus 'Rio Bascan, MX. that went for $50.00 and the Herichthys deppi 'Rio Bobos' that also went for $50.00.

I was talking with Rusty at dinner before the meeting and he said he does about 12 talks a year and will shortly be doing talks in Australia! He is a very popular speaker and it is unlikely we will be able to have him back in the near future; we had to 'book' him almost a year in advance for the talk last night! The good news is Rusty did allow us to video his talk last night and after editing it will be made available to our members so if you missed him last night you can still enjoy the talk and pictures he presented.

For those of you going to the ACA convention in Louisville, KY this year you can sign up for a tour of Rusty Wessel’s Fish House on Friday July 11th but I heard that 'slots' are filling up fast and over 200 have already signed up!