Free Irwini Catfish x 2

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I could likely take it on with the 300 but really depends of its future size potential. Ive seen some of these get pretty big and others stay relatively small. At least they are slow growers.

I would have to seriously redo my tank decor to keep one long term....

John58Ford

Order of operations: when I saw this post
1. Hmm Irwin, sounds neat, time for Google.
2. First Google search result: "the GIANT talking catfish".
3. Hmmm. Guess Dave should get that....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Here is what’s stopping me….
IMG_1700.jpeg
Granted a wild caught, but this is the potential size. This catch location variant is also the one I would like. Tocantins ‘24K gold’ has this awesome gold coloration.

hyp3rcrav3

I could likely take it on with the 300 but really depends of its future size potential. Ive seen some of these get pretty big and others stay relatively small. At least they are slow growers.

I would have to seriously redo my tank decor to keep one long term....
I think up to 24 inches in captivity but usually smaller. They are know to be peaceful apparently. I'd get it if I could.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I think up to 24 inches in captivity but usually smaller. They are know to be peaceful apparently. I'd get it if I could.
Ive seen pics of a lot that seem to top out at 18-20” but have seen the odd 25-27” ones. I have a tall show tank with my 300 and I would eventually have to take out a ton of decor for the bottom to have space for a “big” cat like this. I have a 20” endli but it has nowhere near the mass as one of these cats. I still would like it…