**FREE Aquarium Plant Lecture by Tom Barr** - GSAS - February 14th

Seattle_Aquarist

**FREE Aquarium Plant Lecture by Tom Barr** - Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) - February 14th

31642302644_1eb2ed9b58_o.jpg
31674320023_729e272ccd_b.jpg

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is excited to once again have plant luminary Dr. Tom Barr (pictured in photo examining plants in Lake Washington) visit us from Sacramento California! Tom is an internationally known aquarist, author (TFH, TAG, FAMA), speaker, and aquarium plant guru..

He has focused his efforts on planted aquariums and aquarium plants since 1989 and is best known for his research regarding plant nutrients and the development of the Estimative Index (EI) method of fertilization. He owns is own business that designs and maintains aquascaped planted aquariums in the San Francisco area and owns and writes for the www.BarrReport.com a planted aquarium web site. Tom will speak this time around on Care of Aquatic Plants. Whether it's the critical element of trimming, or the essentials of CO2, Tom will no doubt have tons of advice how to keep your plants in top shape.

The presentation, which is open to the public, will be Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 at 7:30 PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting please join us for our monthly auction and help to support the club that brings us all our these outstanding speakers.

Guests are welcome; no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building
No furry or feathered pets
Go to Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (gsas.org) for more information and directions

Loren

I plan to come home from work that day with a dozen roses, a box of chocolate and then mumble to the wife "I'm going to the GSAS meeting tonight".

Betty

Staff member
I wish traffic wasn't so bad at that time. I haven't been to a meeting in ages. I don't mind the 65 mile drive in each direction, but the traffic on the way! :mad:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Everyone,

Don't miss this opportunity to hear Tom Barr discuss planted tanks in person with question period afterwards to ask those difficult fertilizer problems; I hope to see you Tuesday evening!
-Roy

Ali

Y'all should do what I'm doing and drag your significant other with. We can get champagne and scented candles for the lecture hall to romance it up a bit.

A few years ago when I was just getting back into fish he got me an Aquarium Co-Op gift card for Valentine's. So I guess we're just following the theme!