free 24" 400W hqi metal halide - Shoreline pick up

clifford

As this is a pay it back kind of post (since I just picked up some gravel someone else had posted), I'd like this to go to someone who is a regular poster here, or is in gsas, and would like to use it. Not someone looking to resell.

This is a brand-unknown, ballast replaced (not by me, but I recall it being a pretty nice balast), 24" 400W hqi metal halide, with 4 pairs of blue led moonlights, and 2 65watt coralife (one royal blue, one 50/50). (pc bulbs and moonlights are on separate switches from the mh)

It's missing one leg. Ballast looks corroded on the ends, as I allowed it to become covered in salt...but it all works and just needs a good cleaning. 400w cover is glass, so don't cut yourself while doing said cleaning.

I think I paid $300 for this when I set up my salt water tank. So despite the junk picture, it's a decent fixture. If you're growing coral, you should probably replace the bulbs...I used them almost a year. If you want it for freshwater...enjoy your blue tank. (ie, you'll also need to replace the bulbs!)

The bag is another little spotlight led system. Not great, but the price is right...

PM for pick up address.

Attachments

• mh.jpg
    mh.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 74

Ali

I already scored on the free hyacinth, but that little LED spotlight could be exactly what I'm looking for in my nano tank. If nobody else wants it I'd be happy to pick up

clifford

I don't think the spotlight system would be what you're looking for. It's really weak, mainly for moonlighting small sections of a tank.

Also, it's kind of junk, although I'm sure someone could find a use for it. It has a small 2"x3" or something base, and then can light 5 or 6 relatively weak colored extension leds. Think more "pretty effect" and less "doing something useful".

That said, you're welcome to have it if you'd like it.

Ali

Honestly, that is what I'm looking for, just adding a dab of Light to a shaded area. And like you said, the price is right :)

Any chance you're home this afternoon? we are out running errands right now