FREE 220 Gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I am now the proud owner of a 220g glass aquarium. 72”x24”x31”. Weighs a ton. I just have to figure out how to move it from the truck to a safe storage location until I can build a stout enough stand.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Was designed for a reef but I’m going freshwater. I will leave the shelves in the back that aren’t broken. I will remove the closed loop.

D373CBAF-85F9-40ED-B4AE-B95B5AD54737.jpeg 814596F9-E87F-4033-9EB0-A765C5A0D1CC.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Going to be an actual tank, right?

What will you have on the shelves? Maybe a second tier of substrate and more plants?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Going to be an actual tank, right?

What will you have on the shelves? Maybe a second tier of substrate and more plants?

Yes, to both. I want to do a custom 3D background. The tank build is not pretty so I am thinking about hiding it in a wall so only the viewing pane is visible.

Stingro

wow for free? I could never have a glass tank larger than 55gallons. I move everything by myself so I stick with acrylic tanks lol

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I had some guys from Church help unload from the truck when I originally brought it home last year. When I brought it into the house my wife, my 16yr old son, and 2 of his buddies and me. Once in the house I used a motorcycle lift table to raise it up to slide onto the stand. With the lift I could move the tank by myself and did several times.
I do get help moving the 55s and the 90 too.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
wow for free? I could never have a glass tank larger than 55gallons. I move everything by myself so I stick with acrylic tanks lol

I would love to have bigger but am happy with my biggest tank ever. I maintained big tanks when I was in NYC, so even 55g are small to me:D. When I started with NYAS our largest was 7000g. One of my regular clients had a 500g. We helped install and maintain a 1000g+ in a penthouse at Aster Place that was owned by the owner of the Intrepid.

Stingro

I would love to have bigger but am happy with my biggest tank ever. I maintained big tanks when I was in NYC, so even 55g are small to me:D. When I started with NYAS our largest was 7000g. One of my regular clients had a 500g. We helped install and maintain a 1000g+ in a penthouse at Aster Place that was owned by the owner of the Intrepid.
That is awesome. I am curious to have a job taking care of big aquariums. I would probably enjoy that job more than my job now lol i would probably enjoy working at the seattle aquarium too.

Status
Not open for further replies.