FOWLR Begins!

Spyral

Hi, SW fans, I'm back. I just converted a 72 bow front to a FOWLR tank. THe water is crystal clear, gonna check levels later and see about adding some inhabitants.

Here's a picture!
2011-10-08_10-31-56_457.jpg

I'll post up more as the tank progresses.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Seems like only yesterday you were a freshwater guy... wait that was yesterday :lmfao:

Cant believe you get that going so fast! Looking good!

Spyral

I changed the rock work around to make two distinct caves, an area of rubble and rocks and an open sandy area. Got to give the cleaning crew places to hide and some cover for the triggers.

Spyral

c0c4b848.jpg

There's a Niger Trigger in the tank too, but he is in hiding..lol. Kevin at APFP sold me the trigger and his home as a package deal..lol..now the fish comes out, but if I get near the tank he darts back into the shell. I'll get a pic eventually.

Spyral

2011-10-09_17-01-03_982.jpg

2011-10-09_17-00-53_982.jpg

2011-10-09_17-00-44_598.jpg

The Niger Trigger..from across the room with the zoom on my DROID phone..close as I can get to the tank when he is out without him dipping into his shell. Pic is crappy, but it shows his size, about 4"

2011-10-09_17-09-57_153.jpg

Spyral

You know me, man. I do things a little different, but it's all from reading up on it. These guys are eating like pigs! I got to get video of them going nuts on a cube of blood worms, it's awesome!

A

Anonymous

Its so weird to see my rock in someone elses tank, I look at each picture and I can distinguish wall the diffrent ways I had thos same rocks set up. Btw your nuts dude!!! Super fast, all in, get er done type. I like it!!! It looks great can't wait to see the video.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
If I went salt I would also want a trigger and lion fish too.

Madness

Staff member
Some day I will do a salt water tank. Who knows. Im just getting started in the fresh water. :D

A couple friends of mine have some tanks they might be able to get their hands on. Maybe I can talk them into selling to me. I know one of them is 250 and another is 500, not sure of the other sizes.

So who knows, I get my hands on a 500, that could free up a nice 120 square to turn into salt. :scratch: HMMMMMMM :suspect:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
And then you could do an African cichlid tank... :lmfao:

A

Anonymous

My absolute favorite s/w fish is a draw between a clown tang & dwarf flame angel. Just my personal favorites.