Forum activity ceasing

Spyral

Anthraxx said:
guys heres a thought. since its obvious that people still come to the site ( im a newbie and ive met a cpl others recently ) that i would say its far from dead as well. if there isnt enough activity then the best thing to do is go get the word of mouth out. i had no idea someone made a site for us washingtonians until a cpl weeks ago. been giving free fish to pet&pals for years lol. just keep getting that word out and get stuff up.
want some convicts?

Gryphon

Might also expand posting to community board in places like Fred Meyers, Petco/Petsmart (so we can help those that were BS'd by employees who don't know what they're talking about)

Pleco_Party

Gryphon said:
Might also expand posting to community board in places like Fred Meyers, Petco/Petsmart (so we can help those that were BS'd by employees who don't know what they're talking about)
If Petsmart was smart they wouldn't let you post it. No one would shop there again. :lol!:

Gryphon

Pleco_Party said:
If Petsmart was smart they wouldn't let you post it. No one would shop there again. :lol!:
You're assuming they're smart. If they were their tanks wouldn't be half as bad as they are. I've found Petco to be twice as bad as Petsmart

Pleco_Party

No I'm not assuming they are smart because I know they will let you post them. lol. I don't know how petco is still is still up in running. I bought dog shampoo at petco and then went like a block over and went into petsmart and the same shampoo was 2 dollars cheaper! Also I find that Wal-Mart is 100% worse than anywhere.

Anthraxx

any mart is obviously going to be a bad place to shop. destroys what few gems we actually have by taking the randoms outta the equation. only dedicated fish keepers go to the good places and we end up having to pay top dollar so that they can simply stay afloat. it sucks but its the way of the world. if you dont like it dont support it. support your mom and pop stores. if you see something that you would like to buy or maybe that they dont stock simply ask them about it. nine times outta ten you can get them to order it in for you. ive done that many times for fish and equipment. u may have to pay more but i think quality service is well worth the cost and time.

Pleco_Party

True Id rather spend a couple of more dollars at a mom a pop. I even find my self going to one mom and pop and seeing what they have and if i find what i want ill go to my favorite mom and pop and see if i can order it there :lol!:

dkpate

Ok, I'll be the bummer here LOL.
I don't come on here too often, unless it's to try and sell something, because everything is always about cichlids, and I don't have cichlids, so it would be a pointless conversation to join in on.
When I do answer a question for someone, you would think I never said a word, since no one responds.
This site is much harder to navigate than the one I am more active on, the other one has a drop down thing that says "subscribed threads" so I can see which ones I have responded in and if someone has written back.
That's just my two cents, not meant to offend.

Pleco_Party

He dkpate. I'm sorry that no one includes you in the conversations. If you ask a question I would be more than happy to help you out or just chat. I like this forum more than anyone i have been on, To me its nice and simple, I like especially that it is really only people in washington (Also a little from Oregon and Canada) and everyone on here is willing to help with any questions no matter what its about.. I am not really into cichlids either but reading all the conversations on here i have come to realize that their are a lot more species out there that I didn't know about and I appreciate them a a lot more. (I will never give up my knives and pleco's)

And that just my "two cents" lol

Anthraxx

so pate you what just keep bettas and tetras and such... have you ever thought about trying cichlids.. they can fit nearly any bill necessary and have personality to boot. just my two cents but rather then complain that nobody cares about ur randoms, try getting some cichlids? personally i love bettas and all that jazz. fish r fish idc if they are cichlids or not.

Mikey

dkpate, try to get a thread going in a specific thread on your type of fish - I see most of your threads are in the market and you have only one in the General Fish Discussion area. I'm sure people would check your fish-specific thread out and you could get some good discussions going. I'm sure not all 500+ members only enjoy cichlids! :)

Jacko

For my part I don't see the forum as dead or dying, it was hopping last summer and I notice it's been picking up a lot in the last couple weeks so should be better than ever this summer.

For my part I've been spreading the word about WFB to as many people as I can, some only come on to check the the sales threads or so they've told me but I see a few people here and there that I'd like to think I recruited lol
I'm not on the forum as often as I'd like since I'm working all the time now and like to have a life outside the hobby and my job lol.

Maybe we could have a scheduled chat? Like a specific day a week at a specific time until the chat gets more popular or people get more comfortable with it...

Pleco_Party

One of the employees over at Midway told me to check this place out a while ago, and well I am here. I am going to make a shirt that says Wafishbox.com. it my Username on it and i am going to wear it to SEA-MAX this year to get the word out. Also so people on this forum can put a face to the Avatar.

Jacko

I might recall that lol... gettin some bubble tea... :lol:

Shirts would be cool, especially for us lfs employees. But in the mean time we could get some legit flyers for in stores and maybe local club meetings. PSAS has reeffrontiers, but if we can get more gsas members, and the specialty clubs (killifish, bettas, etc.) it could boost activity... I get 2-4 emails at midnight from gsas airstone alone. :x

Pleco_Party

i wish i had a bubble tea maker at home i am dying for some.

I think people are doing a good job of keeping this place alive from word of mouth. Also if someone passed out random flyers at SEA-MAX it would help.

Spyral

One of us needs to kill a bunch of prositiutes and get tagged as the "WAFishbox.com KILLER" by the local news.

That would bring in people for sure!

Rick

I haven't beem on the fourm very long, but when ever I get a chance I tell people about it. It has help me just reading through old post.

Rick