FS Fluval FX5, SOLD

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
For sale: A well cared for FX5 for $125. I do say well cared for because I purchased it new and have been the sole owner. The seals have been replaced regularly and a new impeller was installed about 9 months ago. I have never had a leak and the regular maintenance including seal replacement is why.

It will include the working canister filter, 2 aquastop valves with hose, 2 rim connectors, intake pipe and strainer and dual output part too. This is a COMPLETE, READY TO USE, CLEAN filter. I really hate those guys selling these for $150+ and it is missing that much in stuff to get it running.

It has the middle and bottom baskets with clean seachem pond matrix and the top is half full with a sponge on top. Also will include one fine filter pad (blue) and one carbon filter pad (black). Also has all new sponges.

It is clean and ready to go. I will not ship and you have to come pick it up in Lakewood. I live just a few minutes away from Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood and would consider meeting you there or you can pick up from my home if you want to see my fish also, lol.

I have seen these go for more in bad shape but I always sell at fair market value and in good shape.

Here are just a couple pics.

PM me with any questions.

Last edited:

FishBeast

For sale: A well cared for FX5 for $125. I do say well cared for because I purchased it new and have been the sole owner. The seals have been replaced regularly and a new impeller was installed about 9 months ago. I have never had a leak and the regular maintenance including seal replacement is why.

It will include the working canister filter, 2 aquastop valves with hose, 2 rim connectors, intake pipe and strainer and dual output part too. This is a COMPLETE, READY TO USE, CLEAN filter. I really hate those guys selling these for $150+ and it is missing that much in stuff to get it running.

It has the middle and bottom baskets with clean seachem pond matrix and the top is half full with a sponge on top. Also will include one fine filter pad (blue) and one carbon filter pad (black). Also has all new sponges.

So the catch is you need to give me time to clean it! lol AND you have to come pick it up in Lakewood. One exception to Pick Up is that I live just a few minutes away from Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood and would consider meeting you there.

I have seen these go for more in bad shape but I always sell at fair market value and in good shape.

Here are just a couple pics, still cleaning the external canister part...

PM me with any questions.
Nice unit and price!! Got that new FX6 running yet? BUMP!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nice unit and price!! Got that new FX6 running yet? BUMP!
Thanks, I have been lazy this past week so the new 6 sits in front of the tank still. So when it's all said and done the 300 will be running three of the 6's and there will be a spare 'backup' 5 in case of emergency. Then the one FX5 to sell. This past year of moving, remodeling and downsizing has been tough since my wife and I wanted to make our lives a little easier. This has included selling off extra tanks and gear. In the end all worth it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
BUMP

Forgot to get back to this.

All clean and ready to go.

Hello I'm interested in buying the fx5. I live in federal way so it might take me a while to get to your place. If is still available can I pick it up today?