Flowering Anubias?

Pleco Jim

I set up a new aquascape a few months ago in a spec 5 w LED lighting. I have one snail and a coulple little endlers just for color in this 5 gallon w fluval aqua soil. Yesterday i noticed i have a flowering sprout from my anubias. I have anubias in 3 other tanks much more established w no flowering taken place. Are any of you aware of what certain conditions are necessary for this plant to flower?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I've found frequent water changes have made my anubias flower. I have one tank that I get blooms in frequently while another had never had a boom. Both receive frequent water changes and both have stock lights. One has more fish than the other though. And the heavier socked one is the one that blooms frequently.

Betty

Staff member
I have one plant that flowers and the others in the same tank never have. I know nothing about plants and was really surprised to find it blooming with no special care. Lighting is an old coralmax T-5. That plant has flowered twice, a year apart in April.

DLynn

I have a huge Anubias in my live bearer tank. It has a higher pH, lots of bright light, and lots of fish. I toss in some Flourish Excel every once in awhile and it flowers often.