Fish stores in Seattle

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Ubermunch,

It sort of matters what part of Seattle will you be in; downtown, north, south, eastside?

Just north of downtown - The Fish Store on Roosevelt
North - Aquarium Co-Op
South - Sierra Fish and Pets
Eastside (Totem Lake area) - Denny's Pet World

A

Anonymous

China town there's kings discus and liems aquarium, If they are still there. In west Seattle theres aquarist world, b&d aquarium. In south of Seattle theres midway and a place for pets.

pbmax

I might be up for an Aquarium Co-Op visit on Monday, the 4th. I generally avoid Seattle like the plague, but I have an unavoidable appointment nearby in the late morning. Might as well turn a fail into a win. :)

Lamental Jester

SiRWesDragon said:
China town there's kings discus and liems aquarium, If they are still there. In west Seattle theres aquarist world, b&d aquarium. In south of Seattle theres midway and a place for pets.
Yes, they are still there... there's also Little Amazon off of Aurora Ave near Northgate

@PBMax: Why would you wanna avoid Seattle? We're good people, hahaha

pbmax

Lamental Jester said:
@PBMax:  Why would you wanna avoid Seattle?  We're good people, hahaha
I believe humanity has an inalienable right to easy parking and minimal traffic; Seattle violates this axiom. :wall:

MRTom

pbmax said:
Lamental Jester said:
I believe humanity has an inalienable right to easy parking and minimal traffic; Seattle violates this axiom. :wall:
Both can be had in Seattle if you know how to work the system :)

That said, a visit to the stores in the international district is something everyone should do at least once in their lifetime... if for no other reason than to imagine themselves walking out with a mogwai in a box :)

pbmax

MRTom said:
pbmax said:
Lamental Jester said:
Both can be had in Seattle if you know how to work the system :)
I lived in Renton from 9 years old until I went off to WSU... I know the area well enough; it's just not worth it to me - even with those two things aside, there are way too many nutballs packed into one space. :affraid: Present company excepted.... mostly. :cyclops: 

That said, they have much better fish stores up there than we do down here. :)

A

Anonymous

Ubermunch said:
Out of those are there any to avoid?
 Back to the post. 
Go to the our pet store reviews on these LFS. That will tell you. Ive been to all except co-op, b&d aquarium, and the china town ones its been a long time.
The aquarist world LFS is closing buy2 get 1free. Its a mess right now due to removing some setups but guy is very nice. It might be worth to visit if you need chem, food, or equipments. Fish? Mmm. They might have some left.

pbmax

What about A Place for Pets? If Aquarium Co-op is included, APFP should be too - they're about the same distance from downtown, just in opposite directions. I've never been, but folks seem generally pleased with it.

BallardFishGuy

As others have said it depends where you want to drive too (north, south, downtown, etc) in Seattle... let us know where you will be and we might be able to give you more options! :D 

I agree with what Roy (Seattle Aquarist) says above but only one of those shops is in Seattle... if that matters to you.

Cory's shop Aquarium Co-Op is one of my favorites but it's just north of Seattle ...but 100% worth the drive!

Down in the ID (International District) there are a few neat places to see mentioned above. More of an experience type thing. Liems is like walking back in time...

The Fish Store is closer to the UW and has been around for many years...moving soon but not yet.

A

Anonymous

hyp3rcrav3 said:
If you are in the North side of town, go to the Fish Store on Roosevelt near the U district.
:plus1:  Been a while since I've been there but its a personal fav in Seattle .

6109 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA
(206) 522-5259