Fish Cartoons

rcleary171

Hello All,

I am a cartoonist who enjoys drawing tropical fish. I was doing some general pet cartoons when someone suggested that I try tropical fish. Well, it was so much fun I had built up a nice inventory cartoons. I hope you enjoy them.

Bob

rcleary171

Madness said:
:spoton: 

So your not in the hobby, just a cartoonist of the hobby?
Correct; I maintained a tank during my teenage years but that was many decades ago. I have been targeting the pet market with my stuff and tropical fish has become my favorite theme. I pick up a lot of material by just reading the various threads and I try to incorporate that material in my art.

I hope you like my work.

Bob

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I of course suggest Angelfish ;) but that because they are my favorite. I'm sure shrimp would also be popular on here as well.

rcleary171

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I of course suggest Angelfish ;) but that because they are my favorite. I'm sure shrimp would also be popular on here as well.
I have a cartoon that makes an angle fish reference. But shrimp is something new. Thanks for the idea.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Apistogramma or some of the SA and CA cichlids like midas, dempsey, and flowerhorns. As well would be liked. And of course the new faze axolotl. :) The axolotl would be good cartoon subjects. :)

Madness

Staff member
Angels? Blah... Shrimp, Blah.... You need some of the big boys in there, the meat and potatoes of the fish world, THE CICHLIDS. The South/Central American Cichlids

MRTom

You've gotta do some puffers too. With those big open mouths with teeth showing and bubbly eyes sticking out, they are already cartoony as is!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Lol I say do whatever strikes your fancy. Not what we all say. :) just a bunch of ideas thrown out there for ya :) And don't mind me and madness' banter. It's all in fun. He's a good guy. Check out his 'on the road with madness' series of YouTube videos. The videos of the fish he films might give you some ideas too. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
MRTom said:
You've gotta do some puffers too. With those big open mouths with teeth showing and bubbly eyes sticking out, they are already cartoony as is!
Puffers for the win!

Anthraxx

watch some videos of shell dwellers online. their tenacity and spunk is surely worth illustration, also yellow labs, plecos in some kinda got wood slogan, etc. GL with your art

KaraWolf

Red Tailed Sharks of course. :D My current ones too lazy to chase anybody else more then a foot though. Like the old man on the porch yelling and shaking his fist at those whippersnappers LOL can't wait to see when your probation is up XD

rcleary171

Excellent suggestions - it's funny that this thread is nearing 100 views and I have not posted a cartoon yet. Talk about building expectations.

dwarfpike

rcleary171 said:
Excellent suggestions - it's funny that this thread is nearing 100 views and I have not posted a cartoon yet. Talk about building expectations.
That could be a bad thing though ... if you don't deliver a fish picasso, this lot will probably riot ... breaking into LFS, stealing NLS, kidnapping fish ... it would be horrible.