First pics inside tank with new waterproof camera

LuminousAphid

Hey guys, I went out and got myself an Olympus Tough TG-3 for an early birthday present yesterday, but had to stay at work all day without being able to play with it. This morning I finally got to try it out underwater, and though I obviously need practice, it's awesome to be able to shoot without worrying about glass being clean, and you can go anywhere in the tank instead of just around the sides.

Rf1gl2a.jpg

Convict always gets freaked when I put my hand in, but calmed down after a minute

sb9SDgX.jpg

Angelfish, on the other hand, were very curious and started nipping my fingers- hungry much?

LuminousAphid

Also can get 1080p video from inside the tank... here is my 10 gallon. I don't know why youtube made it only 360p, I will have to figure that out

[youtube]zO3vrT-zmFM[/youtube]
sounds like I need to clean my cheap HOB's pump rotor or go get a new one, I feel bad for my fish now with all that noise
This is indeed so cool, I am glad I got it. It will be a good investment too because I go hiking in summer and snowboarding in winter, and this camera is also drop resistant to 6ft, crush resistant, works down to 14f, and has GPS so people can see what a baller I am when I take pictures from the lofty heights of my mountain kingdom! Mwahahaha!

OK I got a little carried away there, but this seriously is one cool camera compared to what I usually get- $150 mid-low end models that take OK pictures but nothing else. My Nikon 'coolpix' died due to a snowboarding accident, so this will be my new toy for quite some time I hope

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very cool perspective from 'inside' the tank. Not having the glass in the way would be a great way to get an awesome shot.

Caseyf

Over the past 6 years, I've bought three Olympus Tough cameras for work. The first one was for myself (Field Sevice Tech), another one was for a fellow service tech, and the last for our shop. They are great cameras, and are still working despite some serius abuse. Mine has probably traveled 250,000 miles with me. It's been dirty, dusty, covered in water, sludge, and dropped more times than I'd like to admit. I've never had an issue with it.

That being said, I've never though of putting it in my tank. I'd like too, but now I'm a little scared of having any residue (from refineries, chemical plants, paper mills...) on the camera leach into the tank.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to agree with the camera. Also, nice shots!