Fire eel at little amazon

ziggyzoo

Little Amazon fish and pets currently has about 10 fire eels for $30 each (I think) and they are pretty good sized. I would say an inch tall and 9 inch long! Just thought I would share since I know I was always looking or big ones when I had a big tank! Too bad they show up just as I sold the big one! They also have 2 very large longnose gars. But they are real gars so I'm not possitive if they are legal ( this shop wouldn't surprise me, they purposely didn't have the name or price on the tank, they also sell lots of big gnarly fish like pacu, if anyone was selling illegal fish it would be them), so sorry If I broke rules by this post. I just thought I would share for my fellow big fish lovers! :)
Oh and they have like 3 stingray a ton of arowannas and some amazing flower horn in now too! And some weird glow fish like the black light kind, except only the edges were neon colored though, and the rest of the fish was clear! Never seen em before. Ohh and they have some full grown roselines for $50 too. Lots of huge discus too and some pairs of discus.

LuminousAphid

ziggyzoo said:
And some weird glow fish like the black light kind, except only the edges were neon colored though, and the rest of the fish was clear! Never seen em before.

:cry:

Sounds like 'painted' fish- they inject dye into the fish with a hypodermic needle, sometimes multiple times, to make it 'colorful'. It usually just ends up looking awful. It's something I (and probably most fish keepers) find very cruel, and I do not support stores that further the practice by carrying these poor fish. I have been to this place a couple times, and was already very turned off by some of the things I saw there, but thanks for posting about this so others know to avoid this place. Also I would not be surprised at all if there were more illegal fish behind the scenes there.

ziggyzoo

LuminousAphid said:
ziggyzoo said:
And some weird glow fish like the black light kind, except only the edges were neon colored though, and the rest of the fish was clear! Never seen em before.

:cry:

Sounds like 'painted' fish- they inject dye into the fish with a hypodermic needle, sometimes multiple times, to make it 'colorful'. It usually just ends up looking awful. It's something I (and probably most fish keepers) find very cruel, and I do not support stores that further the practice by carrying these poor fish. I have been to this place a couple times, and was already very turned off by some of the things I saw there, but thanks for posting about this so others know to avoid this place. Also I would not be surprised at all if there were more illegal fish behind the scenes there.

Ya unfortunately their fish usually aren't in good Shape :(

ziggyzoo

And yep I just looked it up, they're caled painted glass fish! I think the fish looks much cooler without the dye!