Findind a Mate for my Lonely oscar

Zoeekon

Hello People,
I am new to this site. I am in desperate need to find another Oscar (mate) for my widowed Ginger. I live in Snohomish County, and having trouble finding somewhere that is relatively close to me, that knows or has any breeds that are about her size. She is about 10inches, 5 yrs old. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome to the forum!

Would love to see pictures of your Oscar when you have a chance.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I have had issues with it in the past due to some pics having too big of a file size. I ended up using Tinypic online and it made it possible to then post pictures.

Madness

Staff member
Zoeekon said:
I can't figure out how to upload a pic!! I'm a dork!! lol

I believe you have a waiting period and/or a total of posts before your allowed to post pics.

flamechica

DMD123 said:
Yeah I have had issues with it in the past due to some pics having too big of a file size. I ended up using Tinypic online and it made it possible to then post pictures.

I second this. I use Photobucket.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
If you want oscars at a decent size and since you are headed to puyallup, you should also check out aquarium paradise in Lakewood. It's about 15 minutes farther at the end of highway 512and i5

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
If you want oscars at a decent size and since you are headed to puyallup, you should also check out aquarium paradise in Lakewood. It's about 15 minutes farther at the end of highway 512and i5
:iagree:

They tend to get a lot of bigger Oscars there.

popss

bridges has some from time to time, Oscars can be pretty territorial when it comes to introducing a new Oscar to the tank. temp of yours and temp of one you choose to introduce play a large part along with the sex of the Oscars.
as its near impossible to sex an Oscar till you see them actually spawn makes this a dice roll.

Whats size is your tank?

MustangTess

my oscar is in a 55g i think it is female. read that males are more narrow and long and females are more rounded, but your geuss is as good as mine. and yes this fish will eat aything smaller than itself.

popss

i do not suggest you put another Oscar in a 55g. 55g is barely big enough for a single Oscar. your Oscar really does not need a friend, you are his friend persay. and the bio load can not be supported unless you are into fin level water changes every other day to keep the nitrates down to 20ppm. also introducing a new oscar in a tank that small will be problematic. if you want to have 2 oscars I suggest nothing smaller than a 125g. 6 foot tank.
do you know why his tank mate he had died?