Festae tank!

Spyral

So, all my other tanks are gone and of course I want to get into something new..wouldn't be me if I didn't. So, Rattle72 has some Festae fry. I got 2 coming from him tonight. My grow out tank is set up and ready to go! Picked up a new tank, some gravel, rocks and wood today. Added some filters and a heater and voila! A grow out tank all ready for two Festae fry! I've got foam over the filter intake tubes because the fry are about the size of my thumb nail!

35fc6a53.jpg

Spyral

Now for some questions..

What kind of catfish can I put in with these guys and are plants necessary? I hate plastic plants and I am the worst live plant keeper ever, so any help is much appreciated!

alexmuw

BN Plecos? You didn't mention tank size, but looks small.

An easy plant that requires little light and sucks up nitrate like a sponge is Hornwort; floating plant.

Good luck

Spyral

These little suckers are active! Swimming like mad and eating like little piggies! They made it through their first night no problem and were eager eaters this morning. I have micro pellets and first bites for them. However, they seem to like the micro pellets better.

Spyral

No..I am going down there this weekend. I got too busy the other day to get over to the store.

Plus, I am thinking of going to Portland Monday, so maybe I will get something there.

Spyral

So...I added 3 more Festae fro Rattle's first spawn tonight..lol. Now I have 6 little baby Festae. I figure out of that I should get at least one nice couple of fish.