Farmland - Silverdale, WA

alexmuw

Re: Farmland - Silverdale

Overall experience: 2
Cost: 3
Quality: 2
Variety: 3
Service: 2

If your into buying fish with parasites, this is the place!

Racersk

Just went to this dive the other day...They have 3 Bala's in there that look very badly undernourished and one was missing most of it's snout! I felt dirty after I left!

Overall experience: 1
Cost: never know-won't buy there
Quality: 2
Variety: 2
Service: 2

Sleeves

Unfortunately for us here in Kitsap we don't have much of a freshwater selection. PETCO in Poulsbo is horrible and I am boycotting them.

Then we have PetSmart and Farmland.

I need to just order my Cichlids online

Please edit your fish store review to include the following rating system.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

You may add up to 5 lines of comment.

PetSmart, Petco, etc. are NOT considered a local fish store...

-Aquarium Co-Op

Sleeves

Overall Experience 2
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 1
Variety 1
Service 2

It used to be a good place,.. don't know what happened

ArtPleco

They have fish there? kitsap lacks a lot sadly. petco in gig is about nicest i have seen in area

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 5

Kitsap County lacks any fish stores that aren't a petco or petsmart. We're lucky to have Farmland that carries as many fish as we can fit in such limited space. Having gained experience from working at Aquarium Co-op, I plan on bringing some of that knowledge to Farmland in the hopes of improving our overall customer experience. My co-workers and I are working hard to improve the aquatics section of Farmland, we are slowly adding more variety to our stock. If you visit, ask for Angelo (me) or Desirae and we will be happy to entertain any questions you may have! Let us know you're from WaFishBox, it's always nice to put a face to the name!

-=Additional Information=- (as of 10/11/2015)
For those of you who want to visit while I'm working, here is my current work schedule:
Tuesday: 11am - 7pm
Wednesday: 1pm - 7pm
Thursday: 3pm - 7pm
Friday: 12pm - 7pm
Saturday: 9apm - 6pm

Last edited:

ArtPleco

Yeah! Glad you are able to work with them. That's awesome, it was funny to see you there and not even know you were there haha. It's a good that you are there, not just to me, but everyone that doesn't know you yet.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

I was there in May .... Thank goodness you are helping out there! I used to stop every now and then and in May I was disappointed ( dead fish, dirty tanks etc) good selection none the less

hose91

Poke, that's great news! I stopped by in May or June, I think, and remember thinking that it seemed like the tank conditions were improved over the first time I stopped in a year ago when I first started keeping fish. Pretty stoked to have someone with experience at a place like the Co-Op in position to improve a Kitsap establishment. I'll be sure to stop in soon and check out the progress!!

Sleeves

I'm glad we can hopefully have a decent LFS in our area that can carry a good selection of freshwater stock. The Shark Reef in Silverdale is awesome for Marine stock, inverts, coral, and supplies.

But we NEED a good freshwater livestock LFS in our area

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 5

Kitsap County lacks any fish stores that aren't a petco or petsmart. We're lucky to have Farmland that carries as many fish as we can fit in such limited space. Having gained experience from working at Aquarium Co-op, I plan on bringing some of that knowledge to Farmland in the hopes of improving our overall customer experience. My co-workers and I are working hard to improve the aquatics section of Farmland, we are slowly adding more variety to our stock. If you visit, ask for Angelo (me) or Desirae and we will be happy to entertain any questions you may have! Let us know you're from WaFishBox, it's always nice to put a face to the name!

-=Additional Information=- (as of 10/11/2015)
For those of you who want to visit while I'm working, here is my current work schedule:
Tuesday: 11am - 7pm
Wednesday: 1pm - 7pm
Thursday: 3pm - 7pm
Friday: 12pm - 7pm
Saturday: 9apm - 6pm
I agree you do have good service and I would probably rate it about the same and I love your larger fish like the silver arowana, the motoro stingray, the piranha, the redfin leporinus, and don't forget Sylvester:thumbsup.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
43AD6E5C-CF1D-42F2-946A-EB5AFDEDB96E.jpeg
Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 5

Was on the other side of the Narrows bridge so I stopped in and they had my elusive albino hoplo catfish at $15 each. Priced at the right market value.

The store itself feels very tight and claustrophobic with very narrow aisles. Very dated feel. But the staff was friendly and helpful. The tanks were well stocked, didn’t see dead fish and a good selection of typical community fishes that seemed were fairly priced.

I was impressed that the guy catching my fish removed all the decor so he could quickly catch the fish and not stress them out. Ive seen way too many try and work around the decor and end up chasing a fish for 15 minutes, and totally stress and tire it out. This guy was experienced and it showed. The fish were also very well packaged in a double bag. Very satisfied with this part of it.

Apparently they knew @Orthopod and we start talking about his ‘little fishroom’ build, lol.

Overall nice experience but kind of an place that will carry more than your Petco and Petsmart stores with a focus on more community fishes with a couple interesting cichlids, but nothing overly uncommon. Was a productive visit for me, your results may vary.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
We stop by there anytime we are visiting friends in silverdale. They used to carry a decent selection of cichlids too. At one point they had a tank of Buffalo head cichlids and they were so cool, I also started a species tank of them ( probably 20 years ago now).

Orthopod

View attachment 11748
Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 5

Was on the other side of the Narrows bridge so I stopped in and they had my elusive albino hoplo catfish at $15 each. Priced at the right market value.

The store itself feels very tight and claustrophobic with very narrow aisles. Very dated feel. But the staff was friendly and helpful. The tanks were well stocked, didn’t see dead fish and a good selection of typical community fishes that seemed were fairly priced.

I was impressed that the guy catching my fish removed all the decor so he could quickly catch the fish and not stress them out. Ive seen way too many try and work around the decor and end up chasing a fish for 15 minutes, and totally stress and tire it out. This guy was experienced and it showed. The fish were also very well packaged in a double bag. Very satisfied with this part of it.

Apparently they knew @Orthopod and we start talking about his ‘little fishroom’ build, lol.

Overall nice experience but kind of an place that will carry more than your Petco and Petsmart stores with a focus on more community fishes with a couple interesting cichlids, but nothing overly uncommon. Was a productive visit for me, your results may vary.
Good people - always like to give them my business when I can.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 3.5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 3.5
Service 5

This place is a bit tough for me to review. The tanks are dirty, fish can be a bit hit or miss as to quality and there is a general stink and uncleanliness to the place in general. But at the same time lots of not so common fish. They had regular hoplo cats, African Butterfly fish, bichirs (ornate, laps, sens), pink tail chalceus to name a few. The staff is always friendly and willing to talk fish.

I visited Farmland after going to The Glass Box in Port Orchard and that is a huge contrast when it comes to all around experience. Glass Box definitely a 5 star experience, this place varies depending on if you are looking for a particular fish and if the door was left open and it aired out...