Experience and Opinions Requested

vtran86

I have the sunsun one. I have no complaints, it works pretty well. It is very quiet. I don't use the uv though

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have had the sunsun one recommended to me buy a gentleman who raises large SA cichlids and he said he likes them. He breeds fish and has been keeping fish for longer than I have been alive. I plan on buying one next month. :)

They look similar because sunsun and aquatop are the same company. I've never had one but they get consistently positive comments from people online. Many people say eheim is "the best" but sunsun works just fine for less money.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just be careful with the clips that attach the motor to the body and you'll be fine. They are a great budget canister. I personally would use 1 fx6 over two of the aquatops though.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have the aquatic 500 w uv. Had it for almost two years . Works well on my 125 but I also have two HOB also..... But these three filters on my tank when I had to give back an fx5 my friend loaned me .

So my review is decent canister but not as powerful or efficient as advertised. Also be careful with the seal on the lid. It can leak when using the large priming button on top

JimmyZ

I have had 2 aquatop 400s running for close to 4 years now with out a hitch. Just have to be careful with the handles when pulling the baskets out. I have had two break, you can still get them out just a bit of a pain. Wish I had went with the 500s.