Everything you ever wanted to know about Kok, but were afraid to ask..

Betty

Staff member
I'm not even going to say what went through my mind when I read the title of this topic. :shock:

But I learned something! I had no idea those things were called koks. (How do you pronounce that?) I don't like the look of them either.

A

Anonymous

Oh, I know, I love Frontosa, plenty of people hate them..lol. Just a matter of preference.

A

Anonymous

Ashley said:
Didn't know there was different types of kok. I prefer the "hard kok" ;)
And this is why I love this site..lol..people understand my sense of humor.

sandnuka

I always found the Kok interesting.. ;) ..... honestly, I know allot of people are grossed out by them... ;) ..... but I dont mind seein a nice large kok on a fish every now and then... LMAO! it sounds so terrible,! but i am tryin to be honest. HAHAHA.

censeoflife

I would think having a large misshapen kok would be hard for a fish, kidney shapes and lop sided, yet the idea is to be proud of a kok like that. Seems wrong to want a big soft watery kok. lmao cool fish though love the colors.

Cclump

i was off put by any fish with a kok on them for a long time. thought they were ugly and pointless. then started reading and they are supposed to be lucky, are agressive as all hell, and the nicer ones are truly beautiful fish
now i have 2 2 inchers :cheers:

Salzabar

I had a male flowerhorn for 3 years. His name was Brutis and he had such a big knuckle on his head that he swam nose down. Now I know its just extra stored fat and I was obviously feeding him too much. I gave him away when we moved and I miss him terribly now. I keep thinking I will get another one but there is so many other fish to keep and so little room. Thanks for the insight Spyral.

Fern

Both my FH's have hard kok's, I'm glad they don't have a huge thing on their head!
I never thought I would be FH person either but a friend added 2 into a shipment of other fish for free. I've had Fred and Martha for a year now and they are the most personable and smart fish I own, they eat from my hand and play with toys. They even tell me what food they want when I feed them, its the darnedest thing!

sandnuka

cooooool.... that sounds like my midas cichlid (R.I.P.) .... he was so awesome like that.... and honestly, if I wasnt so hard headed about the hybrid thing, I would get a flowerhorn, I think there gorgeous fish.

I do like the medium/large kok, but not like the liver thing... thats waaaaaaay too big.