Everyone knows I hate plants..

Spyral

But I had to add a few ..sigh...plastic plants to break up sight lines. I must say, it has increased activity in the tank and added some color to the overall darkness of the tank.

What do you think?

2011-07-03_11-01-02_281.jpg

Spyral

Fyurae said:
Why not live plants?
I'm going to put you on ignore with your live plants! lol

I will say this again..I HATE LIVE PLANTS. They are annoying, they die and they get eaten and look like crap in a cichlid tank.

And when the stupid things die, they muck up the water!

I just hate the damned things. Whenever I see a planted tank, I think, "God that is ugly."

Madness

Staff member
S/C AM. CICHLIDS vs LIVE PLANTS :twisted:

100 MATCHES:

CICHLIDS: 100 :twisted:

LIVE PLANTS: ZERO :violent:

Cichs and plants is a marriage destined for divorce. :twisted:

Pleco_Party

I hate plants too, the only reason I had any is because of the girlfriend. I hate fake plants more than I hate real plants. Fake plants look cheesy and people usually go over board with them and get annoying multi-colored plants.

With that said you did yours tastefully and didn't go over board. Your set up looks good. The green makes your tank pop.

(I don't know why but something tells me you will get bored of the plants and rip them out eventually ) :lol!:

JimA

I think your tank looks good, might get a bit bushier one in the back left corner.

No plants in mine only algae. It's my low fat diet for the fish. :D Come to think about it I should be grazing in there also. :beer:

Jimapics002-1.jpg

Mikey

Wow, Roy! That is an awesome setup you have there! Very nice. I think if I wasn't into cichlids I'd have more plants. I like how they keep the water a bit clearer but it's hard to find plants that the cichlids don't like to eat/tear apart.

larry.beck

Hey Roy, if guys like me an' Spyral could figure out how to grow plants like you do then maybe we'd like 'em more! :punk:

WhosUrDadi

JimA said:
I think your tank looks good, might get a bit bushier one in the back left corner.

No plants in mine only algae. It's my low fat diet for the fish. :D Come to think about it I should be grazing in there also. :beer:

Jimapics002-1.jpg

wow.. i like your background... where did you get it? is it DIY?

Madness

Staff member
Seattle_Aquarist said:
Hi Spyral,

Yeah you're right! Why would I want live plants in my tanks when they look so bad!
232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A2%3Enu%3D3369%3E787%3E264%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3C7%3B2499%3A338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A8%3A%3Enu%3D33%3A7%3E392%3E37%3B%3E249839246%3C247ot1lsi
Nice, can I bring my Hoga's, Devils and Festae over to play in your tank. They have always wanted to play in the woods. :lol:

Spyral

Roy, your tank looks nice. If me and madness bring a few fish over, we could get rid of all those pesky plants for you in a matter of days!

heh heh heh

shua

im going to be strait up with you spy... i hate it, your tank looked soooooooo much better with out them you should forget the plants

JimA

WhosUrDadi said:
JimA said:

Jimapics002-1.jpg

wow.. i like your background... where did you get it? is it DIY?
I got it from a company called designs by nature, normall 300 bucks. He had a older unfinished version that he cut in half for me, for 110.00

JimA

shua said:
im going to be strait up with you spy... i hate it, your tank looked soooooooo much better with out them you should forget the plants

The more I look at your tank, I would agree with this!