Easy Emergent Plants

With all this awesome weather I'm working on starting a little outdoor 10g on my deck for the season. Since it's open top, I'd like to throw some plants in there that will grow up and out.

So, any suggestions on some low maintenance plants that will shoot past the waterline?

Jubs

Click here. This will be your best friend if you are trying to figure out if a species is able to be grown emersed. Transitioning the plants to emersed growth is the hardest part and once you get over that part it is easy. None of my emersed set ups are covered anymore and I just spritz them with water or wabi kusa fertilizer daily. I don't recommend doing it this way till you have experience with emersed plants though as there is a learning curve at first.

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. I'm no stranger to emersed plants, I've grown quite a few that way already.

I guess what I'm asking is if you know of some aquatic plants that will continue to grow up out of the water line. it's just a standard 10g.

Jubs

Oh! I have had a ton of stem plants that have. I will post some pics later and a list of some I have grown that way in the past, I'm about to head out the door to swap some plants and sell some fish but I'll be back on later tonight.

Jubs

Alright, I dug through some pics and found a few that grew out of the tank.

mcj0.jpg

Left to right:
Bacopa madagascariensis, Pogostemon yatabeanus, and Ludwigia inclinata verticillata 'Cuba'

b09s.jpg

Ludwigia inclinata verticillata 'Cuba'

24zb.jpg

Bacopa madagascariensis

ypzz.jpg

Limnophila aromatica

nssu.jpg

I can't remember but I think this was Ludwigia repens

as0h.jpg

8c18.jpg

Limnophila sp. 'Wavy' left and Acmella repens right

0die.jpg