Driving Interest to Wa Fish Box Ideas.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
The swap meet was fun yesterday. We could totally have more events like that and a stronger community here on the box.

I think right now we have no presence outside of this forum. What are ways we can branch out ?

1. Post a link on your facebook, surely each of us have at least 1 fish friend. If we all reached just 1 person we could double.
2. Post a craigslist ad with the keywords, Fish Tank, Aquarium, Cichlid etc. This is especially important if your local craigslist is not the Seattle. Theres a lot of counties we could be outreaching too.
3. Post a link to the forum on sponsor store's facebook pages. This will help get them active again as well as more potential eyes to see us.
4. Add the WFB forum to forum signature links. When you're making posts on other forums, let locals know there's a common forum.

What we can do once people are here? We need content and active people around.
1. Make it a goal to post at least 1 message a day on the forum. Doesn't have to be a new topic. But weighing in on something is always helpful.
2. We have a TON of sub categories on this forum. We should either condense a lot of them or make an effort to post in them. If someone loves saltwater reef tanks and see the last post in that forum is 4 months ago, they wont sign up as it's dead.
3. Contests. I'd be willing to put up some prizes for the pic of the month/other contests we do. This keeps people coming back and makes them sign up etc.
4. Utilize the buy/sell forum. This is one of the biggest lures of any fish forum.

I'd suggest posting here when you make a craigslist ad, post to your facebook etc. If we can see eachother's outreach it'll keep us motivated to grow. Also when you post in this forum look at how many registered users there are and post it. We can track how many we are gaining.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Registered Users: 899

Posted to my personal Facebook.

Posted to Craigslist General for sale.

Someone post to pets section?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Posted to Greater Portland Aquarium Society and the Seattle Public aquarium facebook pages.

Registered users: 901

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on Greater Seattle Aquarium Society Facebook Page.

Registered users: 902

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks Cory! I'll do the same as Aaron and add a link to my facebook too

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Up to 905 Registered users today. Where will you spread the word about the fishbox? I linked it in my email signature on the GSAS Airstone.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of perhaps a Christmas picture contest. With 2 prizes. 1 awarded randomly, and 1 awarded to whoever gets the most votes. So maybe a tank with a wrapping paper background, lights around it and decorations etc :) Could be fun. I'll hit up some reps for some prizes hopefully.

Anthraxx

we could also just do like a 2$ entry fee or something and winner gets a portion of the pool and the rest goes to the site or a charity maybe idk. just my two cents.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Mikey said:
Thanks Cory! Great ideas! On my next day off I'll work on a contest or something!
I think contests are a great idea. I know that the Photo of the Month winners have bragging rights with their fish being featured on the web page, but a Fish Box T-shirt would be a cool way for the winners to have something to advertise and talk about.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone with any Hikari Product requests? Having a lunch with a Rep tomorrow do discuss prizes and other dealings :)

Anthraxx

discus formula, sinking cichlid excel, cichlid excel, im sure a lot of the other guys would like something in the massivore department, plenty of breeders and shrimp guys as well so maybe bring that up. anyway GL with the talk hope it goes well. also consider mentioning that the color enhancers in the discus formula should be added to some type of peacock/mbuna diet. they work wonders on anything that can handle the protein

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Aquarium Co-Op said:
Anyone with any Hikari Product requests? Having a lunch with a Rep tomorrow do discuss prizes and other dealings :)
Not as a prize item but Ive been wondering about the Hikari Marine Seaweed Extreme (medium sinking wafer) for use with freshwater plant eaters like Pearsei. Is this something recommended? Or use Cichlid Excel that is not exactly a plant based diet but is used many times for that purpose.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Registered Users: 909 Keep spreading the word.

I'll ask about that tomorrow if I remember DND123. In my experience when I tried it in store, freshwater fish didn't really want it at all. But I hear saltwater tangs etc go nuts for it.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Woke up this morning and we're still at 909 users. So I posted to Craigslist. What will you do today to bring us some more users?

A few posts? Pictures? Facebook share? Forum post somewhere?

Lets make this community great.