Drip Acclimation

MarineLand

How do you all acclimate your fish, inverts, corals, etc? Does anyone use the drip acclimation box from Drs Foster and Smith? If so, how do you like it?

lilfishie

I drip acclimate all my fish. Go to the hardware store, get a 6-8 foot length of 1/4" flexible vinyl tubing. tie a loose knot in one end. you can tighten or loosen it to control the drip. Use a Home Depot bucket for the fish.

Inverts I will just put them in a small container and add a little tank water every 5 minutes or so for about half an hour and then drop them in.

Corals I ALWAYS dip them in Coral Rx or Melafix to rid them of any pests that might be on them. Then I rinse them in a container with tank water and then put them right in the tank.

MarineLand

Thank you for your replies. I almost got the tube from Drs foster and smith but ended up getting the box. I like the fact that as the tank water gradually goes in, the water from the fish store goes out so that eventually, the fish or whatever is being acclimated is in the tank water. I also ordered some of those long gloves with the elastic at the top. My arms and drippy shirt sleeves have had enough.

DMD123 said:
Granted I do freshwater but I do drip acclimate. I use the Foster and smith cheap old tube type

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16100

lilfishie

MarineLand said:
Thank you for your replies. I almost got the tube from Drs foster and smith but ended up getting the box. I like the fact that as the tank water gradually goes in, the water from the fish store goes out so that eventually, the fish or whatever is being acclimated is in the tank water. I also ordered some of those long gloves with the elastic at the top. My arms and drippy shirt sleeves have had enough.
LOL...thats why I cut the sleeves off all my short sleeve t-shirts. I have not had any problem with reacting to anything in the tank, so I haven't resorted to the gloves.