does anyone know Mel????????????

A

Anonymous

Hey there's a guy out there, I think from the seattle area. Names Mel he has the dovii and the 1000 gallon aquarium. His name on mfk is (guapote mel), he has a channel on you tube with like 10 or so educational and inspiring videos. Is he on here? Does anyone have an email address? Pm me if you know Mel, thanks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I know who you are talking about, never met him.

A

Anonymous

I really want his contact info, I got ahold of him once on mfk, and we were talking about setting up a meeting. He is a major player in the world of cichlid keeping (especially in the pnw). One of the only people I know that "does it right". I admire his work and knowladge and am looking to bounce a few ideas off of him for a monster tank I'm planning.

Madness

Staff member
I will see what I can do. He recently lost all of his fish in his 1000 gal. I believe he has been restocking it recently. I know a coupl people that know him well.

A

Anonymous

He lost all his fish in the 1000 gallon? Holy crap, the umbees? Wow! Hey thanks a lot guys, my email is fishnvw@gmail.com I would apprieciate it.

Madness

Staff member
Yep, everything. It was very unfortunate. He added a new fish, and it was carrying something and it went through his tank like cancer. I believe he had only a hand full of survivers.

A

Anonymous

that sucks big time. Well now he has washingtons largest "grow out" tank :)