DIY CO2 Formula with Brown Sugar

Squirmteben

I decided to switch my DIY CO2 to brown sugar, because I saw some threads out there in the wild wild world of web that said it was "Amazing!"
Here's what I mixed:

1) Boiled about 1.5 Liters of water, then stirred in about 1.75 cups of dark brown sugar until it was completely dissolved. (I'm not overly precise on this part, because I usually spill or end up not using it all). This syrup is also great in Margaritas!

2) Let my brown bar syrup cool until it was warm, so I didn't kill my yeast.

3) Put 1 tsp of yeast in a small bowl (used Red Star bread yeast, even though I hear champagne yeast lasts longer). Added some of my warm syrup to the bowl, just enough to dissolve the yeast, and stirred it up into a cloudy mess. Let it sit for 8-10 minutes until it started to bubble. This primed the yeast and also ensured it was active before I poured it in the bottle.

4) Poured the primed yeast syrup into my 2 liter "Reactor" (also known as a soda bottle) and then poured in the rest of the syrup on top.

With my system I have an airline hose going into a nano-diffuser which bubbles up into my filter intake. About an hour after hooking up my new system, I already had a steady stream of bubbles coming out of the diffuser like I've never seen before. I can hear the bubbles hitting the filter fan. Is my formula too strong? Is the yeast going to overproduce and die out in a week? Is brown sugar not only amazing on oatmeal, but in CO2 reactors as well? If anyone has experience with brown sugar or sees a problem with my formula, please let me know.