Decorations

Gosu

Need some ideas to make all my tanks well decorated with plenty of hiding spaces and caves, on the cheap! Any ideas guys? Brainstorm!

CrashSmAshley

Once again, plastic canvas can be used to make caves and tunnels. Even tera cota pots work nicely. I took plastic pots and cut out the bottom and filed it down as decorations for my fish to swim through. Gonna put java moss on top of it and have a little hanging on the open sides too!

aaronfeeney

rocks and live plants

I go in the yard and up to the mountains and collect large tank rocks, for free,,, wash well and be aware of minerals

I am doing my first heavily planted tank as well, its coming along well

icer711

lots of PVC fitting they work great i catch my fish hiding in them all the time, i use the ABS ones as they are black and look better in my tank, or use the white version and spray paint them with krylon fusion that way you get what ever color you want or silicone rocks to the pvc to get more of a natural look

lars on

Ive seen people use cinderblocks, not sure how they dont bust the bottom of the tank out, but some people can pull it off!

And also, they are usually more expensive in the fish section, but go into the reptile section of your fish store and look at water proof logs, I got one for my sisters plecos for 7$ it was covered in fake little ivy leaves, but they only log on the fish side was an ugly brown for 15$