Cycling my new tank.

Zerc

Been working on this since september slowly... finally added water this week. 75 gallon tank with a 55 gallon sump.

a10.jpg

b10.jpg

c10.jpg

cichlid-gal

Great job...very clean and well put together.

Silly question I'm sure but having little ones around though and seeing that beautiful smiling face I was interested to know if you have a cover for that sump or will it remain open? My grandchildren would add all sorts of MEDIA to it...most likely unbeknownst to me... :lol:

Zerc

Thanks guys :) The whole setup is still "under construction" I have to buy bulbs for the light, put a lid on the sump, and get some lights for the sump! However, I have a wife-imposed deadline of march 15 to have the whole business finished so I decided to begin cycling this week since the construction part can be finished while it is doing that.

Oh, and the little girl picked the colors for the stand. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Deadlines are great. It means get it done, who cares about the budget! :woot:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The tank looks like a better fit in that location than the longer one you had there. Cant wait to see it complete. Should we give you a deadline for pictures? :joker:

Zerc

haha, I can take more pics this weekend, my 2nd koralia pump will be installed today, but that isn't really much to look at. Also probably adding a 2nd heater today, but those are equally exciting :)

Maybe I will just add one fish, it has been cycling since monday and i added probably 11 pounds of already cycled rocks and sand. One fish in 100 gallons of water won't make much of a difference in the bio load. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Zerc said:
One fish in 100 gallons of water won't make much of a difference in the bio load. :D
Depends on the fish, some are big poopers! :affraid:

Zerc

Ihis one is not, hes been in my quarantine tank for almost 2 months. It is a 1.5 inch black and white clown.

Zerc

Oh crap! I just noticed this isnt "General Discussion" its "General Freshwater Fish Discussion" Someone should move this before madness sees it!

:whistle: :nanana:

I have more pics though, posting when I get home!

A

Anonymous

You've tainted our freshwater with your....... SALTWATER! :evil:

Jk! I didn't notice at 1st I was amazed my the build and flashy colors of the stand.
:D

Madness

Staff member
Zerc said:
Oh crap! I just noticed this isnt "General Discussion" its "General Freshwater Fish Discussion" Someone should move this before madness sees it!

Consider this your warning :nutkick:

Zerc

madness said:
Zerc said:

Consider this your warning :nutkick:
:hugg:

lilfishie

Well its nice to see you in the right forum now. At least those FW folks didnt ban you! LOL!
Your pics didnt make it over though. If you can repost them that would be cool.