cutteri cichlid breeding

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Just like convicts.......

I dident even do anything I went today to start my breeding routine wich goes as follows: 7 day fast to simulate a winter when there is less food available. During this time I take a the temp down few degrees. And then I bring the temp up a little higher then normal (instead of 79 I go to 81) slowly over the course of another 7 days. During this time I feed nothing but live and frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp and brine shrimp. By this time if I have no eggs I lower the temp to 79 and go about the regular feeding schedule for 14 days and then I do it again. That's how I coax my cichlids into breeding when I want them too. Today I went to go and drop the temp a degree and start the fasting and there are easily 100 fry free swimming. So I removed the dithers and started feeding the fry. In around 6 weeks I will remove the fry and stick them in a bare bottom tank with a high protien diet and 10 pecent water changes every day.

Kingstature

you gotta hook me up with some of these babies... Perhaps a trade? Come get those Jags and when your babies are ready I will come get some from you...Sound good? I like the tunnel of love by the way... :king:

A

Anonymous

Kingstature said:
you gotta hook me up with some of these babies... Perhaps a trade? Come get those Jags and when your babies are ready I will come get some from you...Sound good? I like the tunnel of love by the way... :king:

Sounds good king, I first have to find some freakin time I have been so busy its retarded. Baseball on satudays and bowling on sudays, and any spare time is used remodeling my den and doing the upkeep on my tanks. I'm picking up a 180 Friday and will be building a stand for it and getting all the equipment together. So I'm sorry I haven't gotten ahold of you on the jags yet. A trade does sound good to me though. The fry are 3 weeks old and I will be pulling them fom there parents in 1 or two weeks and start speed feeding and going onto my everyother day water change schedule. So I think they will be at the inch mark in aroun 2 months or so (hopefully sooner) but we will see when they are ready I will let you know.